Thank you all for the Leapfrog Letter Factory recommendations!!!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2009, 05:53 PM
Blue_Jar_Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to thank you ladies SO much!

Two days ago, I went to target and found the Letter Factory dvd. So far, they have watched it I *think* 9 times,lol.

I'm not even joking, I think she has picked up all the sounds, finally! Just in two days. I think it's the way the dvd related each letter into the song,and relates it to a word. I've walked around all day saying, 'The B says, buh the B says Buh....every letter makes a sound, the B says Buh"

Even my 4 year old son, has picked up most of the sounds. I've been quizzing him al day today, and he's doing amazing! I'm going back to get the word factory, and the math one tomorrow!

My four loves
DD 3/02, DS 9/04, DS 2/10, DS 5/12

Expecting #5 12/21/14
Please do not mention on FB!

May 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
awesome! That is totally how it clicked with my middle 2..and my 3 year old knows a lot of them now and we rarely watch it anymore..
May 2nd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Veteran
The Math circus was a great way to introduce what zero is. Miguel didn't really like any of the other leapfrog dvd's. I'm so glad they like it so much.
May 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Scotty did the same with his letter sounds and Leap Frog. Don't necessarily expect the same on the word factory. It took my little guy a bit to jump from letter factory to word factory and make the connection well. He still watches Complex Words Complex. It has worked too, though, he often remembers "wait" and silent e words when he sees them and I think it has a lot to do with the early exposure to those videos. They are solid GOLD.
May 3rd, 2009, 04:58 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Yup. They are amazing DVDs. Word Factory is what got Cameron able to blend (he was a bit older than Rebecca's Scotty).

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search