I almost lost SCOTTY! :(

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Today has been a super long and exhausting day for us. Dh took his mom out to lunch for Mother's Day, so the kids and I went to a Kids "thing" (LOL, I have no other way to describe it!) for several hours with a friend and her dd. While we were there, I had to stand in line to get something. Bryce and friend's dd took off to do an activity that was right next to the line I was standing in. Scotty asked to go with them, and since I could see him and he was with his big brother, I told him, "yes." I watched him as he did the activity and then someone at the desk asked me a question. I answered her, turned back to find that Scotty was GONE. Just gone! I looked frantically around, then called to Bryce, who, of course, had NO IDEA where his brother went . I dropped my stuff and ran screaming Scotty's name through the crowd. Just about the time I was about to have a freaking HEART ATTACK, I glanced over and saw him trip and fall on the ground. The relief was something...but OMG, I am still trying to get over the shock of the incident. How could I be so stupid to think that Bryce would keep up with his brother when there were "games" and such nearby? I am used to letting Scotty go off with Bryce and his friend (who is a girl his age), but this older girl is homeschooled and very mature and nuturing. I honestly think she gets more worried about him then I do! LOL And then, still, they never go far from my sight. Well, Bryce was NOT with his older friend...he was with a younger girl friend...and...well...I was just totally STUPID.

Needless to say, I think I am still shaking and this happened about 7 hours ago!

Last edited by ~hsingtreehouse~; May 9th, 2009 at 04:58 PM.
May 9th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Tropicgal10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tropicgal10 Send a message via MSN to Tropicgal10 Send a message via Yahoo to Tropicgal10
I know how you feel hun. A few weeks ago, a kid was playing with his dad next door. Chyanne asked through the window if she can play, and I found out later the dad said "ask you mom if you can come over and play with the little boy. I was doing dished and she ran up to me and asked "Can I play?" I of course said yes, not knowing she ment outside. She ran off and I went outside to water the new flowers.

I heard a kid laughing while I was outside and it sounded like Chyanne. I brushed it off, then heard it again. I went back inside and asked where Chyanne was. We looked through the house and she was GONE. We ran around outside calling her name, then heard her laugh again and went around to the neighbor and there she was playing with the little boy. Apparently she opened the doorwall screen and climbed out.

I told the neighbor it wasnt his fault, he thought she asked. And I told him if she is ever outside alone then to bring her home because one of us is ALWAYS with her. Shes not allowed outside unsupervised.

I have a few other stories, as Chyanne is a runner. But thats most recent.
May 9th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm sorry. That must have been very frightening.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 9th, 2009, 07:10 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I honestly have nightmares about such things all the time. I'm so paranoid about losing one of the kids!
May 9th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Veteran
I couldn't imagine how scary!!
May 10th, 2009, 12:11 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hugs hon, I know that horrible feeling. Daniel disappeared when he was two. Dh had left the gate open and Daniel went across the main road to the truck stop. I was shaking for hours too.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 10th, 2009, 07:23 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
BTDT. Trent ran off around the block when he was about 18 months old. We finally had to put an extra lock up at the top of the door so he couldn't reach it. We lost a Cub Scout on our camping trip this weekend and had tons of adults scrambling to find one little boy amidst a sea of them, at a large campground. It can be scarey but so far, in my experience, there are plenty of good, honest folk out there who want to help a little lost boy. As much as we fear the monsters, there are way more of the nice helpful people out there. Don't let this get to you too much bc it will surely happen, in some form or another, to you again. Esp since you have 2 boys.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 10th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know that had to be so scary. I had a similar experience with my niece when she was just over a year old. It was the day before my wedding. My sister ran to the store to get some things for the company we would be having (I lived with my sister) and I stayed home to watch the girls. I was making brownies & the older girls were watching cartoons. The 1 yr old just did what 1 yr olds do. Next thing I knew, I couldn't find her anywhere. I went looking all over the house & when I couldn't find her inside, I started looking outside. We lived on a dead end road with lots of neighbors. After a little while of looking & not finding her I was pretty scared & worked up. I was running all over the place outside screaming for her & crying. Not one single neighbor ever looked outside or offered to come help. We finally found her (my sister came home during my frantic search) after an agonizing half hour or so. She apparantly got sleepy & crawled up into my sister's bed that had lots of blankets all piled up & not made, and went to sleep. She was hidden by the blankets so I couldn't see her when I looked in the room. It was horrible & I still have a hard time thinking about it sometimes, and that was over 15 years ago!

I'm glad you found Scotty & he was ok.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Last edited by Jenneve; May 10th, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
May 10th, 2009, 09:41 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you found him! HUGS!

May 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad you found him! HUGS!

May 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So scary! Reminds me of when we lost Emily in a department store when she was 2 for 20 minutes. She loved to play hiding games and I went to try on a shirt while DH was playing with her, suddenly he turned the corner and she was GONE! He even came into the dressing room and told me he lost her. I came out and we called and called for her, looked under clothes racks. I was FREAKING out thinking someone had taken her. The store clerks started looking and were close to locking down the store when we found her on the other SIDE hiding in a clothes rack. I thought I was going to crumble into a million pieces. It was frightening to say the least.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search