How was your Day, Moms?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I awoke to scones made from scratch by little hands.

Each boy gave me a picture frame collage of their life with me.

DH gave me a game.

And he made dinner!

The boys also made a cake for this evening!

What did you do?

May 11th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds wonderful, Chelita. I'm so glad you had a nice pampering day.

I got up and made everyone cinnamon rolls for breakfast. After breakfast we started moving things out of the boys room so we could paint their floor (cement) until our new flooring comes in. Then I washed some dishes & made lunch. After lunch I played around on the computer for a while & then we all played guitar hero. My niece dropped by and gave me some flowers. They were really pretty. For dinner, Jacky grilled some steak & chicken. Yum! And then we moved all the boys' furniture back into their room, took showers, & went to bed. It was a good day, but pretty much like any other.

Jack did draw me a picture of some flowers (or tomatoes, not sure which ) in a "greek" vase with grapes on the side. It was really imaginative of him. At the top he wrote this:
Quote:
"To a mom who is great to us all. She is like an angel to me. I think she is the best mom in the UNITED STATES. *heart* Jack"
Isn't that sweet? Of course when I was reading it out loud, I got choked up.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

Last edited by Jenneve; May 11th, 2009 at 05:15 AM.
May 11th, 2009, 05:43 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
I posted mine in another post bc I didn't see this one. We had a wonderful though!

Oh I forgot to add in the other post though! My best Mother's Day gift was from Trent! He got his training wheels off yesterday! He is officially a two wheel rider, and it awesomely did it on MD!

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 11th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
My Mother's Day gift was to not have to change any diapers for the whole day lol With two in diapers I change a LOT of diapers so it's nice to have a day off sometimes. We had tacos for dinner at my parents'. It was quite a lovely day.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 11th, 2009, 05:55 AM
HeatherHomeschools's Avatar Veteran
It was a great Mother's Day. Quiet, low-key. I didn't even have to get out of my jammies! Dh ordered dinner in, did the dishes, and let me sleep in until 10am! I got cards, got to see my mom (she came to me...in my jammies lol) and my lovely husband gave me money with explicit instructions to spent it all on yarn (I like the expensive stuff lol).

I love hearing about everyone else's MD. Chelita, I'm jealous of those scones

*thanks to 3Daughters for the new siggy

Last edited by HeatherHomeschools; May 11th, 2009 at 12:02 PM.
May 11th, 2009, 07:13 AM
It's no wonder we get along so well. I got a little video game thing too . We just haven't grown out of playing, have we? I got the video game console from the mall...the one that plays 100 of the old arcade games that we used to play as kids. We have all enjoyed it so much .
I'm glad you had a good day.
We went to church to eat at Appplebees. In the afternoon, we went fishing until the rain drove us out of the bayou!!! Last night, we finally watched Passion with the kids. Carter is the only one who was able to watch it all. Madison and Patrick had to get up when they were scorging Jesus(the part of the movie that has most kept me from letting them see it). Madison came back in when He started carrying His cross, but Patrick didn't come back until the very end. It was a very disturbing movie for their ages, but Jeff has just felt led to let them see it. So many people really just don't realize how much torture Jesus went through before ever being nailed onto that cross...and then to look up to God and ask forgiveness for them..."sigh".
It was a sweet day for us....a good weekend.
May 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
DS was in the hospital so DH brought me a dozen roses and a card "signed" by the kids.

May 11th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Momma Jo's Avatar Monsters Ed
Can I borrow your DH

Lets see, I made breakfast for all of us (to avoid food poisoning again, LMAO) and then we went shopping for mommy We then went to friends for Sunday lunch then we went to Pretoria (SA's capital) to meet friends from Zimbabwe for dinner before they went back home. All in all, it was a fantastic day
May 11th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I loved reading all about your days!

Sherri, I have want to let Eli watch that movie, but he is so tender hearted! I was on the ground of the theater when we went to see it and I couldn't get off of my knees. It was just so emotional for me!

May 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Tropicgal10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tropicgal10 Send a message via MSN to Tropicgal10 Send a message via Yahoo to Tropicgal10
I had a BLAST. Me and my mom went to the mall and went shopping at nemen markus, saks, and nordstrom. I got a dress for a wedding we are going to (fancy wedding), and bought my mom a fancy dress. Then we went to PF Changs for lunch. I came Home and Dave bought me an orchid and a piece of tripple cheesecake.

It was fun, cause we went to all the designer stores (DKNY, Armani, ect) trying on the dresses. They sure do make you feel fancy and important there!!

I havnt had that much fun in a long time. I was VERY VERY sick with MRSA mastitis last mothers day and in the hospital, so I think both of them were trying to make it nice for me.
May 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
You had a GREAT Mother's day! Wow! That would make up for the last one.

May 12th, 2009, 08:17 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a very nice mothers day. I got some pink pj's with sheep and a robe and we went out to lunch with my mum and dad. i also won $10 on a scratchy You scratch off panels with a coin. One is like a game of bingo and you see if you won anything.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 14th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Jo, my father gave my mother a Mother's Day scratch off and she won 15 dollars.

May 16th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had a great Mother's Day. It was relaxing and peaceful and my honey really out did himself this year.

We had breakfast and then lounged around most of the day. DH got me a game for the Wii and we played and then we went and had lunch with my Mom. It was a perfect day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search