Trying not to fall

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2009, 08:52 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
We are in week 5 of no income.. we are still battling Unemployment and health insurance.. we have just about drained our emergency fund and yet have only paid the HAVE to bills..Eric and I have sent out over 30 resume's..we've now started sending them to shops over an hour away. Hes had a few offer's but the pay is not at all what we can live on..and once UE comes thru we will have enough to live on..it's just the wait that is killing us.

I know we will get thru this..but in the meantime I need some prayers that James the adjuster in the Boston office of UE gets to our claim this week so we can have money next week..because if not..I am not sure what we are going to..
May 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
Will do. I have been thinking of you and Chelita often this week. Prayers going up.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 27th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Tropicgal10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tropicgal10 Send a message via MSN to Tropicgal10 Send a message via Yahoo to Tropicgal10
Hugs. Dave has been unemployed for 6 months now. Just take a deep breath and relax.
I am a huge fan of affirmations when like gets hard. Say something like "I am calm and relaxed and everything will work out" whenever you feel stressed. EVERY time.
I have gotten thrugh some hard times 'talking' myself out of the negitive mindset.
May 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
I'm not really worried about the whole no job thing.. in fact I want him to wait personally..UE will be more than enough once we GET it..it's just this whole waiting thing..

oh epiphany..I did pray a few weeks ago asking for more patience..duh..see.. God is giving me what I wanted..
May 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope your UE claim gets taken care of this week! Today even. :-) Hugs!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
May 27th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to Tropicgal10 Send a message via MSN to Tropicgal10 Send a message via Yahoo to Tropicgal10
That is a loooong time for UE to kick in. It is a 2 week wait here in MI. We run out in July, and then Dave gets a 13 week extention. Then after that, a 33 week extention. And another 13 week extention AFTER that is in the works.

What state do you live in? Do you have extentions? We are also not looking. Here inMI there are no jobs, so no point even trying. When GM goes under, it will be worse.

Becareful what you pray for LOL. Sounds like a test of faith. Hold in there!
May 27th, 2009, 12:36 PM
... they are 8-10 weeks behind here.... it sucks..those with easy claims are 3-5 weeks behind.. anyone with any adjustments and it's 8-10...

Oh Eric is actively looking.. had an interview yesterday, has sent out over 50 resume's.. there is nothing in our area in his field..the interview was for an hour away.. if they ca pay him he'll take it....we are not going to rush to take any ole job though..his UE will be very good since he made so much the year before.. so we aren't going to take any ole job just to take a job..kwim?

I'm in Mass and yeah we have extentions..but we won't take one..at that point he'll take 1 or 2 crappy jobs and I'll work if I need to.. 6+ months of him home 24/7 is not something either of us wants..
May 27th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Here, even Mc Ds isnt hiring. Every crappy job is sucked up. We are just enjoying the summer together and hopefully the winter jobs will pick up. And the problem with finding a job now is, if he gets layed off again within 6 months (high possibility cause EVERYTHING is shutting down), he loses his unemployemnt completely. So is it worth the risk?

Just think of the positive. We had to move, and used our life savings to buy a cheaper house so we can live through this time. *Hugs* be strong!
May 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am praying!

May 27th, 2009, 03:11 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope your UE claim gets done and you get your money as soon as possible Alison. Praying for you.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
May 27th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Veteran
Keep your chin up hon. I am praying so hard for you and Chelita. Sending hugs your way too!
May 28th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
You guys have been in my prayers, as have Chelita's family. I don't know how I missed yours Kathryne. I'm adding your family starting tonight!

And, Alison, never, ever pray for patience!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search