Calvert

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2009, 02:33 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm looking through the Calvert catalog and I'm not sure I understand. All I see is enrollment pricing, do they offer just the curriculum? Is that what they mean by enrollment or am I looking over the pricing just for the curriculum? I'm not sure I'm that interested in Calvert but I was just wondering because with some of the other catalogs I've received there have been price lists for enrolling in the 'school' and price lists for just getting their curriculum. Any advice would be appreciated; also if you could share your thoughts on calvert in general, if you use or have used the full curriculum or if you only use parts of it. Thanks!

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

June 1st, 2009, 07:18 AM
~hsingtreehouse~
Yep, the enrollment fee is for just the curriculum. If you do enrollment with the Advisory Teaching, then you are assigned a teacher and you send work in to her/him for grading. At the end, you get a transcript of grades. However, you are totally NOT in control in that option. When I did Calvert, I just ordered the curriculum. I dropped Calvert after 8 weeks though. It was just too "in a box" for me and my kids were all on different levels in different subjects. It was just a bust for us.
June 1st, 2009, 11:08 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Yup, what she said

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 1st, 2009, 03:50 PM
janaleigh's Avatar Member
I know Joyce Swann used Calvert year round. Here's her story.
http://www.homeschooljungle.com
Orange County, CA

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search