If only they knew!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've mentioned a couple of times that we have our niece and nephew staying with us a few times over the summer. This is one of those times (we're on day 2 of 21 days straight today). Their grandmother and I were in B.J.'s on Saturday looking around, and we came across one of those "complete grade 2" books from School Specialty Press or whatever they're called, and figured that my niece might enjoy it (she's just completed first grade). So... we picked it up, and got a dot-to-dots, mazes, and other activities book for my nephew. Well... I've been "forcing" her to do a few pages in every section (ie, no, you can't spend a FOURTH hour reading until you've done...), and today when I sent her to do it, she commented to me "Yay! I don't have to do school work! At least here I do fun stuff!"

LOL. If only she knew... We're "homeschooling" without her even thinking it is school! If only every day could be like that... Anyway, now she's excited because she gets to do geometry, multiplication, and a whole bunch of other things... plus I found her the Ramona books at the library, which she is devouring. Sometimes (if I didn't know already!) I would really wonder what they do with kids at school...
June 9th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Tropicgal10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tropicgal10 Send a message via MSN to Tropicgal10 Send a message via Yahoo to Tropicgal10
I think they force them to stick their feet covered in penutbutter in mouse cages. Seriously though...our countrys public education is brutal.
As soon as I heard they have 1st graders doing fractions and algebra now, I knew I was going to homeschool. 1st grade....algebra...seriously?!

They ***** and moan our kids are getting pregnant at 13, and acting like little 21 yr olds at 11 while forcing them to grow up at an insane rate.
Duh.
June 9th, 2009, 04:44 PM
4boys
June 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Enjoy your summer with them!

June 12th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
That's great!

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 13th, 2009, 12:38 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Poor kid...being duped by her aunt and she doesn't even know it. LOL!
June 13th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, tell me about it, lol! She's so proud of herself, she's nearly got her 1, 2, 5, 10, and 11 times tables figured out (and she does know how to count by 3's, she's just forgotten because it's been so long since she was here with me)! She keeps coming and telling me what __ times __ is...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search