New school "year" starting soon...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else gearing up for (or already started) their new school year? I'm planning on starting our new year within a week or so after the 4th. The kiddos are starting to get bored & it's getting too hot to do anything else, so why not get back to school? I'm still finalizing some lesson plans, but we're getting close to being ready. Honestly, I can't wait because I just can't take much more of the boys being so bored.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
grunig's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to grunig Send a message via Yahoo to grunig
I'm jealous! We have all of our stuff sitting here and ready to go but have to wait. The kids are in camp this week and then next week is the fourth. Then on the 15th they fly out to Germany for 3.5 weeks. No point in starting any serious work with that trip looming. We probably won't get back to serious work until the last of August. I keep telling myself that Germany is a learning for them too! Learning to be SPOILED! LOL Being with Omi and Oma (Grandma and Great Grandma) will do that! Anyway we will finish up our Science and History for this year in the next few weeks and I will send some light work for when they get bored on the trip but other than that nada. It'll work out in the end.

Mom to Talen, Trent, and Thorne

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waAmfrF/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 24th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, I'm jealous of your kids getting to go to Germany! Wow! What an experience for them. I know they'll have fun.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

June 24th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Veteran
We are pretty close to ready. Actually dd wanted to get started when I brought the new stuff home from the conference:) This from a child that fights me about starting school nearly every day (though once we get started she does pretty good:). She has maintained that she wants to start early this year, so when dh goes off furlough (next week is his last week) we will get started up.

We usually wait until the first week of Aug, but with all the lay-offs that have been happening (dh made it through the one 3 weeks ago, then got put on a 4 week furlough and will go back and find out Aug 15 - we think - if he gets layed-off then), we just don't know what might lay ahead for this year. This will give us a head start for if we have to make some major adjustments later in the year. :)

Shannon

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shannon (32 years old) ~ Married to dh (for 12 years) ~ Mom to dd (10 years old)
Visit my blog at: http://aroundthehomestead.blogspot.com/
June 24th, 2009, 08:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
July is super busy, and the first week of August is VBS, so we're starting in mid-August.
June 25th, 2009, 04:04 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
July we are all over the place so the last week of july or the first week of August is when we will probably start. PS here starts around Aug 5, so it will probably be somewhere around there.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

June 25th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We started our "year" at the end of April. I think we've done about 6 weeks so far since we moved and were off a couple weeks and now we're off another couple weeks since my brother's daughters are here.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 25th, 2009, 01:32 PM
~hsingtreehouse~
Bryce will be back next week and has swim lessons all week. Then, he is off to two different camps the two following weeks. We will likely take a week off after that and then gently start easing back into regular school around July 27th.
June 25th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Regular
We are going to get started about a month from now. We will have to take a break in August for a camp my church has then, but then we will get right back to work. I got my MUS in the mail yesterday and I am thrilled! I can't wait to start working with it! I also bought "Everything Your Third Grader Needs to Know" and DS actually asked me if he could read it last night.
June 25th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy
We're going to kind of follow along with the PS schedule. So, we will be starting late August
June 25th, 2009, 02:25 PM
4boys
We are now on a week break (and yet the boys keep asking me if we can read their science books, read-alouds, Bible program, etc.!) and we will keep going starting Monday. We're going to keep it light for the rest of summer and add everything in starting in September, taking breaks as needed. But I think they miss it more than I do!
June 25th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm having a hard time taking the summer off this year. I keep thinking of things to do, and frankly, we end up doing more now than if we were doing regular school. Guess it's good for a change of pace though. I think we'll probably start when the school kids do since DS's little friend won't be waiting at our fence everyday to play then.

June 27th, 2009, 08:27 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We took some more time off to be with daddy...so we start up when he goes back to work.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search