What's on the agenda? (week of Feb 1)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2010, 07:18 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's up this week?
January 31st, 2010, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well are out of town, DH's grandmother passed away last week and the funeral is Tuesday. So I won't be doing anything until at least Wednesday, if we do anything at all.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

February 1st, 2010, 05:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We're doing a bit of catch up this week.

Jenn
February 1st, 2010, 06:23 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
i believe we'll be taking this whole week off. We did our normal school work today (math and phonics) but I'm being induced tomorrow, so I'll be in the hospital until Thursday probably.. we'll try to get back to a normal schedule next week.

February 1st, 2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *~Amber~* View Post
Well are out of town, DH's grandmother passed away last week and the funeral is Tuesday. So I won't be doing anything until at least Wednesday, if we do anything at all.
Oh, noo! I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob&RylansMomma View Post
i believe we'll be taking this whole week off. We did our normal school work today (math and phonics) but I'm being induced tomorrow, so I'll be in the hospital until Thursday probably.. we'll try to get back to a normal schedule next week.
Good luck and ELV! I hope it goes smoothly for you!
February 1st, 2010, 08:36 AM
Let's see... this week is going to be a little hectic for us. (Besides the fact that D and I are sick, but B's go-go-go all the time! )

Reading is BTC, starting book 3. Math is same old stuff - Abeka 1st. I don't do grades at this point, but if I did, he'd have all A's for everything except math. He's have a C in math, for sure! Soc St is about children in the Netherlands. He's doing a teeny tiny research project where I give him the name of a children's book and he has to figure out the author using either google or his own bookshelf. Bible is Elijah & the Widow. We're doing some mind teasers and puzzle skills and such. He loves those! Zoology is about nests (chapter 4, I think? Apologia 5th day). Music is supposed to be another stinkin' review of Do-Re-Mi, but I hate those, and it's not how I learned (I learned 1-2-3), so I'm going to skip it and move on to something else. Probably talk about composers or something. He likes that. We haven't done the music thing on Starfall in forever, so that would be a treat. Writing ... we just switched to HWT, kindergarten level. He's doing fairly well considering he still can't hold a friggin pencil. I don't see why there's so much red tape at this therapy office. I wish they'd hurry up and evaluate him so he can work on writing there, too (they also use HWT in their program). P.E. is 3 exercises the therapist gave us... which he HATES to do. Art is 5 little projects (1 per day) that will take about 1 minute each to finish.

Today - well check for baby D, a gazillion little errands, a bunch of housework, and then groceries after the kids are in bed.

Tue - supposed to be ladies' Bible class, but I don't know if I'll feel like it by then ... temp was 101 last night

Wed - going to JCP for their 80% off sale to stock up on Fall clothes for next year

Thur - explorer club at the library

Fri - physical therapy

Sat - we've got 2 things scheduled at the same time, so I need to talk to dh about which one to do ... *sigh* (1) We've been invited to an invention thing at the gifted academy downtown and (2) there's an open house up north for one of the immersion schools I'm considering for summer camp this year. We'll probably do the invention thing since I already know we'll be there this summer (and it would be a lot more interesting for dh.)
February 1st, 2010, 11:50 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
We took last week off because I went out of town, so I spent today getting things back together. Things are simple at my house:

She has 7 spelling words this week and activities to help her learn them.

We'll do a little art project every day, and one big one for the week. We are working on Valentines this week.

She's studying the solar system and this week her job is to learn the planets and maybe we'll touch on the order.

We have a field trip planned to go visit MLK historical district downtown, conveniently located right next to my midwives office and I just so happen to have an appointment this week

She is going to be working on some math- a mix of simple addition and simple subtraction

We'll read a book (haven't picked it out yet...eeek) three times a day. Then read her book of choice every day.

She is also learning the creation story in Genesis.

If we have lots of time to fill, I have some worksheets but she hates worksheets. She'd rather talk about stuff. I generally make her write everything that she needs to learn once or twice, but won't make her do too much repetitive work because it frustrates her. She has great handwriting for her age, so its no biggie.

February 2nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This week...

For DS #1 (6):

*Valentine's day decorations and cards
*Math - working on subtracting from 14 and 15
*reading Pooh Corner
*learning about sea animals and then starting the "How The Body Works" section of our children's encyclopedia
*working on writing letters from top to bottom (he developed a habit of forming letters bottom to top which I'm trying to un-do)
*Going to start our Story of the Orchestra book hopefully
*Explode the Code

Little brother (5):

*He participates in what he can above (Pooh corner, science reading, etc)
*He is working in Getting REady for The Code (I think that's the right one..?) and likes it. He thinks doing "school work" is a big-boy thing to do and likes the activities.

I'm glad I got my quarterly report done and can focus on what I want to accomplish this quarter and for the rest of the year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search