Homeschool budget

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2010, 08:15 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Do you budget ahead of time how much you'll spend in a year, or do you buy things on an as-needed basis?
February 6th, 2010, 07:57 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Right now I am not really budgeting out, but I will be because I need to make plans and start figuring out what I am going to use with Matthew.
February 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I keep a list of the books I KNOW I want to use, and how much it's going to cost me to get them (if I don't already have them), so I guess I kind of "budget", but it's more just a "this is how much it's going to cost" budget rather than a "this is how much we can spend" budget.
February 6th, 2010, 01:27 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
February 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Super Mommy
We try to stick around $600 but that's usually just a starting point he usually needs new curriculum 3-4 more times a year.
February 9th, 2010, 08:44 AM
Nedene's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I wish i had a budget. Like say X amount per child.. But i think i'm going to just get it as we need it... Although one big order at the beginning of the year sounds great. I'm thinking we'll just get the next level as they progress since i don't see my children being on one level in all subjects, And I'm hoping what works for DD will work for DS can use too who will be the next level below her.

And Money is an issue so i'll have to find out what i want then find the best deal on it.

February 10th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Tropicgal10's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Tropicgal10 Send a message via MSN to Tropicgal10 Send a message via Yahoo to Tropicgal10
I spend about 100$ or so at the begining of the year. Chyanne learns slower, so I can use my goodies longer. I also buy as needed. We have been doing more hands on learning (field trips and such) and less book work though.
February 20th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Veteran
I budget ahead of time, but I agree that it is more a this is what it is going to cost than a this is what we can spend. Next year I'm looking at about $1500 for the 4 kids, but it should be my last big year, because after that my littler one should be into curriculum that my bigger ones have used and therefore I will cut my budget almost in half. The curriculum I use has very little that needs to be re-bought for subsequent children, which with 4 was important to me!

February 20th, 2010, 02:32 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
No budget..I try to get the bigger ticket items this time of the year ( tax return) then I buy as needed and as I have the funds thru the year.
February 20th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I just bought what I could with the funds I had to work with.
I also use free worksheets and such to help where budget couldnt.

I did it ahead of time with the books and some supplies but worksheets and the like are things I do as needed.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search