What's on the agenda? (week of 2/22)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's going on this week?
February 21st, 2010, 10:58 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Today, Sunday, we drove up to my mother's to spend the night. The kids have a doc appt on Monday. We are also moving up here in about a month, so I'm hoping to kill two birds with one stone and find a place while we're here. We shall see what the Lord provides.

Monday is the doc appt for the kids. They haven't been in 4 years, though this is the doc we've used previously. He delivered my youngest son who is now 5. Since we're moving up this way (and I seldom find a doc I like ), he'll be over this pregnancy as well. YAY for the Lord's provision! A little nervous about a few things, and haven't decided what all I will bring up at this appt. Would appreciate t&p if you think of it! Also going to ask a couple of q's about my pregnancy and how he wants it all to work while we get situated. The appointment isn't until the afternoon, and we'll drive home sometime in the evening.

Saturday is our cub scout Blue & Gold banquet. It's the most important event of the whole year, and I'm in charge as cubmaster. So, the rest of the week will be spent in preparation for that! Again, t&p appreciated! Lots of thought and work goes into this! These folks don't yet know we're moving, so we're praying for grace and favor over the whole situation. We'll let the cat out of the bag to the necessary people after this, and let the group know in a few weeks.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 22nd, 2010, 12:20 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Nothing on the agenda per se this week other than paying bills.

School-wise its still focus on reading and writing. Im going to start walking with my oldest son and get him counting that way. He isnt quite counting to 100 so Im trying to work with him on that.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
February 22nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
How did the doc appt go?

This week for us, well, for ME anyway, is lots of packing and cleaning. Thankfully (after working my tail off today!), dh has decided to hire a cleaning crew to come in Thur and do a top-to-bottom cleaning of the whole house. *woo-hoo!* I picked up a load of boxes from a locally owned toy store on Saturday. I packed every single one of them today! Sheesh! Gotta go get more, I suppose. Tomorrow's stupposed to be ice/snow for us (HA! Probably rain.), so I don't know when I'll get more boxes. House goes on the market tomorrow, too, but hopefully we won't have any lookers until the weekend.

School - Finished BTC last week, so we're starting Early Reading Comprehension in Varied Subject Matter (book A) this week. We'll do a lesson a day, getting through books A and B before moving on to Spectrum 2nd reading. We'll pick back up with book C next year. Math is same old stuff. Writing is actually going quite well, believe it or not! Science is bird reproduction. Social studies is children of Kenya. Art is several small projects. No music this week. Bible is Naaman. Also doing exercises for homework for PT.

Not that we're doing anything formal with Daniel yet, but he learned "A says a" from the leapfrog letter DVD today. Sometimes he does B and C also. He's counting to 10 (has been for a while) and knows 4-5 colors. He's mostly interested in board puzzles, drawing on the little magnetic writing pad thingie, and pretending to read for the moment, so we let him go with it.
February 23rd, 2010, 10:24 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
They didn't let us in to see the doc, because even though we were told that as long as we made sure we were on the right plan he accepts, he still can't see us until we get him named as our primary. So, we made a 3 hour trip to see him for nothing.

I was upset, but I guess the Lord has his reasons. Maybe someday He'll tell me what they are/were.

It snowed here today! It never snows here! The kids were excited. Hubby helped me catch up on a lot of undone stuff today. I really, really need to find a way to thank him - he's been over-the-top fantastic and helpful during these first couple of months of pregnancy. I've been super under-the-limit tired and unproductive, and he's done way more than his share. So I'm thinking about how I might can repay/thank him. He's not the sort to let me know any things he might enjoy in return, but he's absolutely the sort to need and appreciate such acknowledgment.

Anyway. Gotta do banquet stuff this week. We had to cancel Monday night's meeting because we didn't think about not getting back on time... in time to have someone lead the meeting for us. So, interesting things abound.

Busy week ahead - I could use prayers that fatigue will stave off and I can get some things done! I have to get them done, whether my body decides to allow me to do so or not.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 24th, 2010, 06:47 AM
I'd be so annoyed if I drove all that way for nothing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search