What's on the agenda? (week of 3/15)

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's going on this week?

Let's see... for school, we're doing the same old stuff for reading, writing, math, etc. We're doing the last lesson in Abeka social studies before moving on to a little TX history stuff I've thrown together on my own. We're starting insects in the Zoology 1 book. Bible is Daniel. Music is a year-end review. We're done with it, and the next 2 books are packed, so I think we'll wait until Fall to do any more. We've got a field trip on Friday to a pioneer place to talk about old-time farming and stuff. He'll enjoy that, I'm sure.

We're all still sick. I was supposed to go to the chiropractor today, but I've moved it to Thur. Ben's occupational therapy has been moved from Fri to Thur. We also have explorer club on Thur. Tomorrow is nothing...no, wait. The moving people are supposed to come and give us an estimate for what it'll cost to move. Wed is the first (of two) walk-thru with the inspector and builder for our new house. We're closing on the 26th, and we'll move in probably the weekend of the 9th.
March 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Everyone here is on spring break, so I guess we are, too. We've been really unschooly for several months, though not really on purpose, so my kids aren't feeling much difference.

We have my niece here; she's the same age as my middle son and she'll be here all week. Wednesday my grandparents will be through, and Friday we'll go to Waco to my parents - where my grandparents will be by then - to take my niece home and see family and whatever else we can do. Hopefully a job and a house will fall into our laps while we're there. Counting on the Lord's provision!

Still talking about moving but it has now apparently been pushed back to the end of April. Still no idea where we're moving TO, or if or what job change that might include for hubby. Finding it hard to do schooly stuff when I know a move is so close! But it's still too far to pack really, so... we might dig in and get a few things done like finishing the math and English book or something. We'll see.

Breakin' this week!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
March 15th, 2010, 08:25 PM
I can't remember... where are you again? San Antonio? I'm in Austin.
March 15th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a prenatal appointment tomorrow... I'm not looking forward to it. It includes the GD screen, and I don't really want to do it, lol. Not that I anticipate a problem, but because we're planning a homebirth and my midwife can't do homebirths for people with GD (stupid VA laws!!!), I'm terrified of a positive result. *sigh* I'm gonna eat something super healthy... like crackers, grapes, and almonds, or something like that for a snack instead of... ummm... the cookies I baked tonight?! LOL.

Tomorrow is DH's allergy shot appt and knitting group, and I teach a piano lesson. Wednesday is library and petting farm day (where we get free eggs!!) and sign language class. Thursday is handbells in the evening. Friday is... the day I crash for the week, lol... actually, it's shopping day. Saturday is a piano lesson to teach in the morning, and then who knows what we'll do in the afternoon.... Sunday is church... where I'm playing handbells this Sunday.
March 15th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Grapes are very high in sugar. Not really all that "healthy" before a GD test.
March 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
well, we are slowly finishing subjects one by one each week. I only have 6 more weeks of lessons left. This teacher needs a break
This week, we are redoing the boys bedroom. We bought them bunk beds this weekend. It is put together, but the room is a disaster. So inbetween school and church, we will be organizing and decluttering the rooms.
My kids are finishing their reading books this week. They start their reading comprehension workbooks next week.
My house is a disaster and I am behind on laundry so I have tons of stuff to accomplish this week... I hope to get 50% finished

March 15th, 2010, 10:06 PM
We're also getting bunk beds soon. Ben moved to the guest room (queen) when he was 2. When we move in a few weeks, the bed will again be a guest bed, and Daniel will move out of the crib. I've always wanted the boys to share a room ... and they're excited about having a bed they can climb on.
March 16th, 2010, 12:35 AM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
We are finishing off our two week study on Ireland...learning about the symbols of Ireland, history of St. Patrick, the culture, Musical instruments (Irish Pennywhistle also known as the Tin whistle and the Celtic Harp) and the food of Ireland. This week we are reading plenty of books and doing book activities such as arts and crafts.

During our study, we learned that the four leaf clover has nothing to do with St. Patrick's day or the Irish. One thing that we found out was that the Shamrock is not the official emblem of Ireland, the Celtic harp is. The Shamrock is however the national flower and symbol of Ireland. Each has its own significance in the history of Irish Culture.

It helps that my husband is Irish so he is making some of his Grandmother's recipes for us this week.

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search