Can I join?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2010, 05:03 AM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello there! I am Angela, married to Doug and SAHM of 4 children, 2 boys aged 16 and 14 and 2 girls aged 9 and 7mo.

I am pulling my boys out of the high school they are currently in as I have been having problems with the school ranging from them not being aware where my children are for HOURS at a time to threatening to take me to court over absences. (My 14 year old was injured and had doctor's note to prove he was not ditching or that I was neglecting to send him to school).

I realize I have my work cut out for me seeing as I have to run the household with the other kids and still find time to go to school myself.

I look forward to meeting you and I wondered if anyone else is homeschooling their teenagers?

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

March 24th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! I am homeschooling kids in PreK(4 yr old), 1st Grade(almost 7 yrs old), and 8th grade (13 yrs old- a teenager, but not in high school yet.) I also have a 2 yr old along for the ride and an 11 yr old 5th grader in public school. I've been in school myself on and off throughout the years and will be going back full-time in the fall. I also work part time. So I understand the challenges of making it all work. :-)

Best of luck to you as your start the homeschool journey. We're here to help as much as we can so post any questions or concerns you have along the way. Have you notified the school yet? Begun looking at curriculum? There are so many choices out there. It may be overwhelming at first but you can do it. :-)

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
March 24th, 2010, 07:18 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Welcome to the board!!! You are more than welcome to join us. I think we have a couple on here that have teens. Make sure that you follow your state guidelines to a T before pulling them out since you are already having problems. What state do you live in? Do you already know what the laws are concerning your state and what you need to do to pull them?
March 24th, 2010, 10:46 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Ditto on the state guidelines! Don't want that one to come back to bite you!

I'm Chrystal. Just wanted to say hello and welcome! I'm HS'ing 1st/2nd right now (finishing first and starting 2nd at the same time... depending on subject).
March 25th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
Welcome, I'm Sandra and I am homeschooling my two boys, ages ten and four.

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.
March 28th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Cheet_oh's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies! I live in Washington State, yeah I checked into everything I needed. Since I'm about 14 credits away from a Bachelor's, I qualify (You have to have 45 quarter units of college level credits as one of the qualifications).

So far the hardest part is Algebra I for my 9th grader and Algebra II for my 11th grader.

I got Tom Sawyer for both and Julius Cesar, Hamlet for them.

(Angela - 37) (Doug - 32)

(Steven - 20) (Sebastian - 18) (Mina - 13) (Ava - 4) (Aria - 1)

March 28th, 2010, 10:02 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Great books! Do you have any co-ops in the area that can help with math?
March 29th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I highly recommend Thinkwell Math for the high school level. It's wonderful- all done on the computer, but with a teacher and classroom interaction. If you go through the Homeschooler Buyer's Co-op website, you can get an amazing deal on the price. We have used it for 2 years of Algebra already and my son loves it!

:-)

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search