What do you do with your used curiculum you are done with?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Super Mommy
I have no idea what to do with it but it's getting larger and larger.
April 12th, 2010, 11:37 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I don't have anything yet that is "done-done" ... meaning, if it's reusable, Daniel's not using it yet. That's the stuff I keep for later. After he's done with it in a few years, things like Apologia that are still in good shape... I'll either (1) sell or (2) give to family/friends who need it. Stuff I'm done with that is consumable is in large envelopes by subject. I'll keep everything for at least 2-3 years in case I ever need proof of work for whatever reason.
April 13th, 2010, 02:22 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
well, I will be using some of it for my younger kids. Even if I don't use a certain subject again, I could use a portion or something like that from it....

April 13th, 2010, 06:39 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I keep it to reuse with younger kids as well. Since I'm pregnant and expecting twins, I'll be holding onto some of this stuff for quite a while. LOL If I use something for a while and we decide to try something different, I evaluate whether that same curriculum might work for one of my younger kids. If it might, I hang onto it. If it won't work for any kiddos I have already, I sell it to help pay for costs of what WILL work.

Another option is to box it up and send it to Book Samaritan, who gives curricula to homeschooling families who can't afford to purchase their own.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
April 13th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalynnrmc View Post
Another option is to box it up and send it to Book Samaritan, who gives curricula to homeschooling families who can't afford to purchase their own.
April 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Well, like others have said, donate it, or list it on here and tell us what you have I don't really have much to get rid of right now either, have 2 more to save it all for, once I am done with it, I plan on selling what I can, the rest I will donate.
April 15th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
In the past before we had our second son, I used to swap our curriculum at our local Homeschool support group's Annual Curriculum/Book swap. I got many great deals on materials and books for our homeschooling. Now I pretty much keep it to save for my younger child.

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.
April 16th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Super Mommy
We have a huge curriculum sale but honestly I don't know how to price everything. I have no idea what's complete or anything like that. I really don't know if it's worth a $25 table.
April 17th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Go to Used homeschool curriculum, and homeschool groups, events, and activities and see what the prices look like for similar items, and go to each item's website to find out if it's a complete set or a piece of it. Anything that has writing, etc. will have to be discounted (let the first link be your guide). Anything in unused condition should get a good return. If you can't find something, ask. We can help you search.
April 17th, 2010, 07:51 AM
Super Mommy
Thank-you!!!!
April 22nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
One thing I also do is scan our workbooks so that I can print what we need and the book is on a CD for later use.

I have been wanting to try using laminating sheets over the workbook pages to use with an erasable marker but with my older son's sensory isssues that has been out of the question.

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search