Do you have a laminator at home?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Someone in my HS group recommended this one. I'm considering getting one, but money's tight until the other house is sold. I've got plenty of time to look around. Anyone have one they'd recommend? I'd mostly like to use it for large things like posters, which this one won't do. It only goes up to 9 inches. I'll probably either skip the laminator entirely or pay to use one locally at a toy exchange library or something.

Amazon.com: Scotch TL901 Thermal Laminator, 15.5 x 6.75 x 3.75 Inches, 2-Roller System: Office Products
April 13th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have that one, I use it to laminate small things since it doesn't do the big ones. It works great though. My dh has used it a few times as well. I recently used it to make some chore cards for my girls. I also use it to laminate manipulative that are cardstock, ie flash cards and what not.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

April 13th, 2010, 03:03 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
No, I don't have one, but I've wanted one for a while, so I'm listening! I want to preserve artwork that I can't bear to throw out and I don't want it to get ruined.

[/url]

April 13th, 2010, 07:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
How long does it take to heat up and cool down? How much work space is required?
April 13th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't... yet. I want one, but finances don't allow. Maybe one day. *sigh*
April 14th, 2010, 05:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It takes only a few mins to heat up, I usually let it cool down for about 20 mins before I put it up. It is smaller than our printer. So it isn't huge by any means.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

April 14th, 2010, 05:39 AM
frgsonmysox's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to frgsonmysox Send a message via MSN to frgsonmysox Send a message via Yahoo to frgsonmysox
I didn't realize they were so affordable! This will go on my wish list now!
~Beth~ Wife to my Airman Chris, and mommy to: Anthony Nathaniel (8/31/04), Anastasia Fae (8/01/06), Baby C (lost on 10/12/07), David Cillian (7/31/08), Charles George (4/29/10), and Alan Christopher (2/22/12)

My BLOG - A Day In The Life of a Freg (it's a little bit of everything!)
April 14th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Super Mommy
It was on my list when I thought we were going to have a lot of file folder games and lapbooks. knowing that didn't work out it's not a necessity for us.
April 14th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
We have a Duck Laminator that we purchased several years ago at Walmart. It uses pouches that come in a variety of sizes. I like it because it seals the items in the pouch well and lasts a long time. I have never had a problem with it. An added plus is that I have been able to use other brands of pouches on it with no trouble.

Hubby bought me a second one about two years ago from Target called a GBC Creative Laminator. I disliked the one from Target, it did not seal the pouches well and later they would curl up.

In my opinion the Duck Laminator is the best one I have used. Unfortunately, Walmart no longer carries them since now selling the Scotch brand. I haven't tried the Scotch Laminator, so I can't offer my opinion on it.

We use our Duck Laminator for many uses:
File folder games and pieces
Flannel board characters and pieces
Calendar Math area
Decorations for bulletin board
Math Manipulatives
and more!

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.
April 15th, 2010, 06:02 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Hmm, I don't really see where we could use one right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search