Can you help me find these books?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
::er!ca::'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Today we took Brinlee to kindergarten orientation (we've decided to give public school a try). They gave each student a little backpack with some goodies in it. Ours was supposed to contain a book, but it was missing. I really liked the concept of the book, so I'm trying to track it down for my SIL because I think she could use it with her soon to be 4 year old.

The basic concept of the book was where the parent/teacher reads the first page, and the adjacent page has a picture and one sight word for the child to read. Then you turn the page and the same thing, the parent/teacher reads the first page and the child reads the sight word on the adjacent page.

I remember something on the cover (not the title of the book) being about "You and I can read" or something of that sort (might not be exact saying- but similar). They were giving out these books to each student, so I can't imagine them being expensive or anything.
April 22nd, 2010, 06:01 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
The only thing I can think of that sounds like that is the "Pat the Cat" series. I don't know. Amazon.com: Pat the Cat & Friends Read Along Box Set (9780789402332): Jacqui Hawkins: Books
April 22nd, 2010, 06:03 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I am not sure either. Could you contact the school and find out?
April 22nd, 2010, 06:05 PM
I think I just found something similar to what the book was
Welcome to Treasure Bay

The pages look like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_mommy View Post
I am not sure either. Could you contact the school and find out?
I thought about doing that tomorrow, but I don't want them to think I'm really calling to find out where my free book is Silly, I know!
April 22nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Hmm, that does look like an interesting book!!
April 22nd, 2010, 06:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I've seen books with a similar concept, but for slightly more advanced readers. It's the You Read to Me, I'll Read to You series.

Amazon.com: You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together (9780316363501): Mary Ann Hoberman, Michael Emberley: Books
April 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlife View Post
I've seen books with a similar concept, but for slightly more advanced readers. It's the You Read to Me, I'll Read to You series.

Amazon.com: You Read to Me, I'll Read to You: Very Short Stories to Read Together (9780316363501): Mary Ann Hoberman, Michael Emberley: Books
That's cute! I hadn't seen that one. It looks like a better match than the suggestion I gave.
April 23rd, 2010, 06:05 AM
I appreciate all the suggestions Thank you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search