Tgif

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2010, 08:25 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's going on this weekend?
May 14th, 2010, 04:48 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Tonight Declan has Ju Jitsu and Ziah is going to the neighborhood school dance with my friends family. Tomorrow we have the usual karate, then we are going to a friends kiddo's lacrosse game then karate again,then we are set to have a smores get together with a bunch of friends. Sunday we have our best friends coming over to play games and eat..
May 14th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Teaching a piano lesson tomorrow morning, having a prenatal appointment at some point (not sure when aside from tomorrow sometime), grocery shopping... then Sunday we have church and I'm gonna crash, LOL.
May 14th, 2010, 06:53 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Ok well this thread has completely changed my thinking of homeschooling moms All of the activities would give my girls a chance to meet other kids their age! I've been thinking about putting my oldest in dance so that would take care of one of my big issues
Ok sorry for the rambling haha

We really don't have anything planned, DH is working this weekend so I'll probably spend it cleaning. We have church Sunday morning and Sunday evening so that pretty much takes up the whole day. Hopefully it won't be too hot and we can spend some time outside
May 14th, 2010, 06:59 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
LOL .. yeah most of the HS'ers I know are super social..my youngest three were 1,3 and 4.5 when we decided to hs the other one and up til then they were involved in activities and that didn't stop just cus we decided to HS..
May 14th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Regular
We're going to my sister-in-laws med school graduation this weekend. My parents are getting the kids since its out of town and really not much for them that would be interesting. I'm thinking it will be a fun weekend away. Not much else going on.
May 14th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mrs.T* View Post
Ok well this thread has completely changed my thinking of homeschooling moms All of the activities would give my girls a chance to meet other kids their age! I've been thinking about putting my oldest in dance so that would take care of one of my big issues
Ok sorry for the rambling haha
Lol... we spend our week all over the place! Mondays are my cleaning day, because we're GONE every other day! Tuesdays we go to a knitting group at church (where they LOVE to entertain my toddler!!), and then I teach a piano lesson in the evening. Wednesdays through the school year is the preschool reading time at the library, and then we go to a local petting farm after that, then in the evening is sign language class (free), Thursdays we go to a hand bell choir group, where again they love to entertain my toddler, lol! Fridays are usually shopping days, though today we're home because Rebecca keeps spiking a fever in the afternoon (since Wednesday) so we want her to not be running a fever before I take her out somewhere! Saturdays I teach a piano lesson and then DH, Rebecca, and I go do something for the afternoon (beach, playground, nature park, etc). Sundays are church in the morning, and we all relax for the afternoon.

.....and Rebecca isn't even old enough to participate in any of the 'real' activities out there yet!! On the list of 'hope to's' when she is 2yrs+ (depends on the program) are AWANA, soccer, swimming, whatever girl guide group is appropriate for the age, gymnastics, and probably dance, if we can find a type of dance DH and I both feel is appropriate with a teacher we like and costumes we're okay with, lol. I'm thinking our best bet may be highland dancing (at least around here)!

When my sister and I were homeschooled (both of us were K-12), we did 2 types of dance, piano, violin/fiddle, recorder (choir), voice (and choir), horseback riding, swimming, skating, AWANA, youth group(s), and all sorts of other stuff, and everyone who wanted to know how we ever got to socialize usually ended up asking how in the world we had time for *academics* instead, after we listed off our weekly (social/learning) activities, LOL! Oh, and with my sister and me involved in all those things and still schooling, my mother also taught piano lessons 2 days a week (10 students), looked after 1-2 babies/toddlers 5 days a week, had up to 8 extra CHILDREN around the house (yes, we had up to 14 people under 18 in the home some days), was involved in the church ladies' group, tutored 4-5 children every week, and worked at the library as the librarian (it was only open three days a week for a total of 15 hours)!
May 14th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Nothing that Im aware of.

My husband is hurting so odds are good he'll be relaxing and I dont really have anyplace I need to be so we may just make it a movie weekend.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 14th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Tomorrow we will be hitting the Mardel Sale and then probably some shopping and running around. Sunday is church and a family day.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

May 14th, 2010, 07:53 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My SIL is throwing herself a little birthday get-together, so we will be hanging out with dh's family mini-golfing (my boys LOVE that) and then go to her house for cake & ice cream, I think.

Sunday is church and then hopefully talk about our "plan" for moving and buying a house. We sold our mobile home! (Well, a couple gave us a non-refundable $500 deposit and we receive the rest when we are out on June 1st!! Yikes! Only 2 and a half weeks away!) So we have some "discussing" to do about what to do next...

Other than that maybe grab some groceries at the store and hang out on Sunday.

[/url]

May 14th, 2010, 09:31 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We had friends over for dinner tonight (also homeschoolers... but they're administrators for a homeschool academy, not necessarily HOMEschoolers per se.)

Tomorrow is the Mardel's sale. We might do a little work at the old house, but I don't know. I'm ready for someone to buy the stupid thing. Anyone want it?

Sunday is church. It's my BABY'S first day of Bible class. When did he become a big boy?!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search