Pictures??

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
*Mrs.T*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *Mrs.T*
Would any of you share some pictures of your homeschool area/room?
May 14th, 2010, 11:27 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
Alison Drozd's Photos - School room | Facebook
May 14th, 2010, 02:09 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
This is sort of a mess (especially my desk! ) because we've only lived here a month, but this is the basic set-up for now. It's mostly a school room, but it's also my office area and craft/music area. It's cramped, but I REALLY didn't want to lug all this stuff upstairs. (Upstairs is just one huge room ... no bathroom or anything. The current school room is a spare bedroom.) Maybe someday we'll outgrow this space and the boys will be big enough to move everything for me. LOL

Ben doing Song School Latin (with the simplified workbox system sitting on the table). His table will be replaced by another bookshelf in about a year. When Daniel's potty trained, there will be two cabinets and a diaper pail removed from their bedroom, and real desks will be put in there (they have bunk beds, so it'll look almost like a dorm set-up.)

My desk and keyboard. The kids aren't really using the keyboard yet. I'd like to get a piano at some point, but it'll be a while.

The little closed cabinet is mostly just my junk right now. The shelf on the window side is all mine (2 rows of Bible and 2 rows of music/college stuff). The white drawers up on top are different types of paper.

The left shelf is mostly Ben's books (with my dad's old microscope from college and an inflatable globe at the top). The one on the right is mostly curriculum stuff. Bottom shelf is mostly next year. Next is mostly this year. Next will be Daniel's in a year or two. Next is random junk.

The shelf on the left has board books at the bottom and more of my books (Bible and health, mostly) at the top. The little set of 3 drawers is for stickers. Above that is a solar system model from last Fall, my college diploma, and Ben's 1st grade certificate that dh still hasn't hung on the ceiling/walls yet. The two large cabinets are for school supplies, my craft supplies, and the kids' V-Smile, etc. The cabinet in the middle is (of course) CDs, Tapes, and DVDs. The crate up on top belongs to my church. It's not usually there.

(These cabinets came from Ikea, by the way... fairly cheap in quality and price, but much more durable than plastic.)

This is the "instrument closet". That's one of those all in one boards (dry-erase, chalk, magnetic). We don't use it very often, but I don't want to put it upstairs with the toys. The cabinet is mostly my stuff (mailing supplies, greeting cards, large folders, and stuff like that.)

Trombone and one of the guitars.

Alto sax, soprano sax, trumpet, and my junk.

The other guitar and my percussion bag (snare, practice pads, latin instruments, other small instruments).

Mandolin, violin, percussion gig bag (sticks and mallets mostly), and junk box.

Large sewing machine (with a broken bobbin housing), flute and fife, and in the boxes are a Jamaican flute, an antique clarinet (that doesn't play... family heirloom), a miniature sewing machine, and lots of (mostly) music junk from my college & teaching days.

Last edited by BensMom; May 14th, 2010 at 02:15 PM.
May 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Kaylie!!! I don't have a room set-up yet I just wanted to say hi!!!

May 14th, 2010, 07:24 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
JustAKrazyMom, I love your classroom! I LOVE all the windows. How nice and cheery! I love a ton of sunlight indoors. I hate feeling shut in.

Chrystal, your room looks great, too! Love all the bookshelves and your little one looks so adorable doing his work at his little desk! LOL

I could take a picture of my "space" but it's more like my kitchen counter and one dry erase board on the wall. haha We are planning to buy our first house this summer, though, so hopefully that will change!

[/url]

May 14th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Here's an post from my blog that gives a tour of our schoolroom. The post is an old one, but the room really hasn't changed much.

The Bird's Nest

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
May 18th, 2010, 05:52 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I will get pics of mine one we move and get it all set up. It has been a slow process but we will be done SOON!!!!! Hey Chrystal, where did you get those posters, the Grammar rules, preposition, and the spelling rules one?? I have been looking for ones like that!!
May 18th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Mardel's. They have much better ones. Those are the ones from the cheap stuff aisle.
May 19th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
Mardel's. They have much better ones. Those are the ones from the cheap stuff aisle.
Darn... Don't have one of those around here and can't seem to find them online either, well I did find the parts of speech poster but not the others. Those are exactly what I have been looking for too! They have some posters online, but not the ones that I am wanting.

Last edited by in_mommy; May 19th, 2010 at 06:50 AM.
May 19th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Do you have any teacher stores around there? I've seen posters like this at other places in the past.
May 19th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Not here, there is nothing like that around at all. I have no idea yet what is around where we are moving to though.
May 24th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Tofu Bacon
Our space is set up in a quiet corner of the playroom. I used an old entertainment center as the "wall" and storage area for books, art supplies, etc. I really need to get some more stuff on the walls; probably letter and number charts, once Dollar Tree starts stocking classroom supplies. I really don't like the curtains, but they are nailed to a cornice, so there they shall stay until I get a chance to figure out how to get them down. I have a vintage Dick & Jane print fabric to make the curtains with.

Last edited by Tofu Bacon; May 24th, 2010 at 11:23 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search