Anybody remember docsmomma?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
She used to post here all the time, but her youngest has been very sick. They thought he was in remission, but they found out yesterday he's not.

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...where-now.html
May 28th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I dont know her but Im sending good thoughts their way.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
May 28th, 2010, 03:59 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Traci and I are good friends. I will be receiving regular updates while Joey is in the hospital if anyone wants to keep up with his status.

For those who aren't familiar with the story, Joey has Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis (LCH). LCH is a rare disease that affects 1 in 200,000 people--76% of those are children. LCH is not a cancer, but acts like a cancer, and is treated like a cancer. Joey has been receiving chemo since he was 6 months old. He has at least 8 months to a year left of IV chemo now that he has relapsed and will likely have oral chemo after that.

For more information on LCH (and other histios) you can go to Histiocytosis Association of America - Histiocytosis Association of America or you can PM me. If I don't have an answer I will get it for you.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
May 28th, 2010, 07:40 PM
mom2mande's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know her but my heart just aches for her and her wee one. Will say a prayer for them!
May 29th, 2010, 06:09 AM
Tofu Bacon
How awful! I'm keeping them both in my prayers.
May 29th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Super Mommy
I was hoping they we're doing good. I'll be hoping things get better for them.
May 30th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
Keeping them in my prayers.

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.
May 30th, 2010, 12:16 PM
docsmomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to docsmomma
Thank you, all of you. While I rarely post here anymore (no time) I still read when I can. I do appreciate the thoughts and prayers as we start this battle again.

To say we are sad, hurt, and angry is an understatement. he had been No Active Disease for 6 months and May 21 was supposed to be his last IV chemo... 501 days after it had began. To learn that we had to start again, go on to a 4th treatment has shaken the very core of our family.

We have cancelled all our summer field trips, deciding instead to take a break from school from this point until we again achieve No Active Disease. Melanie is not thrilled with this but David was ready for a break anyways.

A group called Kristie's Foundation is stepping in to assist in making memories... just in case. Thats the part I try not to think about, the just in case. I can't even say it out loud but its in my head... the what ifs.

If anyone would like to follow Joey's story, you can add me on Facebook Welcome to Facebook | Facebook for brief updates, or you can visit his website CaringBridge / fightingwarrior / Welcome (his story is in the "My Story section for a brief rundown of events)

Also, for those not familiar with his battle, if you'd like to learn more in a short time from his video YouTube - Joey's Story 2009

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search