Making ends meet

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2010, 03:01 PM
sammyjo83's Avatar Super Mommy
Do any of you all work? Is it at home or a "regular" job? If you work at home, what do you do? Own your own business? If you work outside the home, how do you make things work?
My husband is getting out of the military and I might end up having to work somehow to make ends meet. I want to keep homeschooling, if at all possible. Hopefully I can balance both somehow.

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
It's VERY hard to balance both, but a few have and/or still do. I actually quit working the same month we started HS'ing, but I worked from home for 4 years before that. I still would if I needed to. My boss said I was welcome to come back anytime.
June 7th, 2010, 03:30 PM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
I work.. about 1/3 of my job is there and the rest I do at home. When I have to be in the office it's usually when my kids are there for classes ( I work for my MIL's dance center). This time of the year is very hard because I have so much work to do for the recital, summer schedule then the fall schedule it's not funny. we've pretty much backed off school for about 3 weeks because of it all. It's not always easy balancing working..even part time, with homelife and schooling.. but it's what we have to do.
June 7th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I teach piano lessons, which will hopefully gradually build to a larger student base than I've got right now, but even without it we could make it work if we were very careful and used lots of free resources.
June 7th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I dont work although having to go part-time is looking like a possibility if I ever get a callback from resumes put out.

For now, Im home and will be working on getting an online business going in the next few years.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 7th, 2010, 05:45 PM
gypsystar's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work at home as a digital scrapbook designer. My sister and I are partners so we split the money but we also split the work so it's nice. We can make twice the product and most months we do well even for splitting our money. It's hard if we have an off month though (luckily they have been few and far between.) I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to juggle it all once we officially begin homeschooling. I've been examining how I do things and trying to figure out the best way to change to meet all my needs.

Forever Missing Katriel Star (17 weeks) and Sebastian Judah (14 weeks)

June 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I work from home with my own business. I had this going before we started homeschooling and it can get stressful trying to balance work with schooling, but you do what you got to do.
June 8th, 2010, 06:27 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I haven't worked in 10 years. Just recently, I have started a cleaning job. I will be doing it 3 times a month. My kids will come with and either do their school work or they will do school at night. Luckily, it is for my dh's aunt so she doesn't care. She wants the kids to do some independent work while I am cleaning I think to work full time and homeschool would be so so hard!

June 12th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had to take on a part time job this last year. I worked every weekend and one or two nights during the week. It's been tough. Even though I was home all week with the kids which was ideal for homeschooling, it was still hard to balance and feel like I was giving it my all. I was tired more often and when I was home I felt like I needed to catch up on housework and other things I didn't get to while I was at work. We still got our schoolwork done, but it was a challenge and I didn't feel like I was able to give it 100%. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have done it at all if I worked full-time. That's me though- I know there are some who can make it work.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
June 13th, 2010, 02:07 AM
HeavensMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work very part time as a real estate agent. Some weeks I work 20 hours and the next maybe only 10. The rest of the time I am a SAHM.

From now until 2/29, donating HALF of all proceeds to Olly
Free giftcards?!? Swagbucks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search