What's happening this week?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2010, 08:14 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Anything cool or exciting? Anything new?

We're wrapping up most of our summer work this week, because next week starts summer camp(s). We'll still do a little work during breaks, but only as a boredom buster and to retain what he's already learned. I don't want to go 2 months without doing anything (we don't start the Fall term until Aug 16th).

The cool thing is that Ben's starting soccer this week! It's with a bunch of other homeschoolers, most of whom attend my church. There are 4 teams each with either 5 or 6 players... two older teams and two younger teams. The annoying thing is that they'll be meeting all summer at 6:30 in the evening, in south Texas, and his uniform shirt is BLACK?!!? Whose idea was that?!
June 13th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Dh, Myself and the baby are flying back home on Tues and then I think me and the hubs may go away for a few days for our anniversary. The kids will probably be spending this week with the grandparents too.

June 14th, 2010, 08:30 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Hoping on Wednesday to do my kids achievement testing. I need to start my paperwork so I am ready to send in next month

June 14th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Sandra314's Avatar Homeschooling Mom
Send a message via Yahoo to Sandra314
We are having a light week of homeschooling. Hubby broke a small bone in his hand so I am doing all the driving the remainder of the month. I have alot of housework in addition to taking care of hubby and the boys.

I have been posting books on Paperback swap and mailed out 8 books this week. I want to use the book credits for some books I have been wanting for the boys as homeschooling supplements.

Our garden is doing well but I have been the only one tending it lately due to the many biting insects that have bitten the boys. They do not want to go outside and I can't blame them. Hopefully the weather will change and we can sit outside on the patio again.

Married for 14+ years to the love of my life. Currently TTCing.
June 15th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Mama To 3 Amazing Boys
All I'm doing this whole summer is planning my lessons and curriculum.

This week, I'm getting all my subjects together and researching ideas for all my plans and what Edward needs to know, as well as getting Preston ready for preschool. So I've got a busy summer ahead of me! lol So, I'll be back and forth to the library, online for homeschooling sites, and to the dollars store because they have a LOT of stuff I can use for homeschooling.
Baby #4 - Went to Heaven on 1.20.14
Proud Christian, Jesus Loving,Extended Breastfeeding, Co-sleeping, Babywearing, Cloth Diapering, Non-Vaxing, Homeschooling Mama!
I choose to Homeschool so I can give my children a Godly foundation, So they know His word and His truths!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search