Mommy Recess! Let's chat!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 20th, 2010, 06:52 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I love things like JM, but some days I really wish technology would revert to the 80's for a week or so. It would un-fry our brains a bit, give us some quality family time, and show the younger generation just how good they have it.
June 21st, 2010, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hear hear!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
June 26th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So what is going on in everyone else lives?

We have only been home for less than a week and we are preparing for another trip. Last trip was when the baby and I got to go on a business trip with DH and this time we are going to Denver to visit his brother. While I am grateful for all the opportunities for visit new places I can't wait to get to be home for a while.

I am starting to get excited about ordering all of our stuff for next year!! I keep going back and looking at trying to perfect it and make sure I have everything I need. I am going to be ordering as soon as I get back from our next trip.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

June 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
We have to move to my mothers home in less than 2 wks. Our only source of income(since noone wanted to hire us)was cut off so we cant live here anymore the landlady wont pull strings or anything like that.
So we get to pawn what we can and give away the rest.

Yesterday, my husband was given the biopsy results...liver cancer. So we have limited time its looking like and will do as much family oriented things as possible to make some great memories. He has no other details as the dr just had another dr tell him instead of doing it in person so DH gets to go in Monday for all the details.

Thats whats going on in our lives right now.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 26th, 2010, 07:48 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Oh, Hillarie!! I'm so sorry!!!!! Are you able to get any sort of help with medical bills?

I just took a glance at your blog, and it left me with one thought to lift your spirit a bit: "...for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." I very firmly believe that good things happen to everyone and bad things happen to everyone. Good things are blessings, of course, but also remember that trials make us stronger. Look at all Job lost and gained. God never gives us anything he knows we can't handle. If we put him first, it doesn't matter what happens in this life. There's another life waiting.
June 26th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hillarie, I am sorry y'all are going through all of that. We will be praying for you and your family.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

June 27th, 2010, 09:18 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Thank you ladies, appreciate the kind thoughts.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
June 27th, 2010, 02:11 PM
Super Mommy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search