home-school playdates?????

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
KeriMomof2's Avatar Veteran
Hi Ladies

here my question, When invited for "playdates" with other home-school moms ..how long should you stay?

It's like when my kids and other home-school kids get together they dont want to stop playing because they dont get to see each other on a daily basis...which is akward because you want the kids to enjoy them selves but you dont want to over stay your welcome kwim

and i have never known when its appropriate to leave...like time frame wise...is most playdates 1 hr 2 hr 3 hr???
and how do you leave? i mean i just dont want to run out the door franticly , i never have know how to say okay its time to leave with out maybe sounding like i "want" to leave kwim...i want to sound as if i had a good time .
but i find my self saying we should go for about 20 mins feeling odd...and then in the end wondering how long she was thinking that she wish we would have left a bit earlier..Not saying this has happened but,I just dont want to over stay and wear out my welcome and future invites

and then another question...if some one invites you over should you let them know that you would love to do this again or should you just wait till they invite you again?

i went over to a ladys home to swim and made a comment that if she ever wants to get together again to please call me...but i think she felt like i was asking for another invatation ...but i ment pool,park anything..she said that she call me or if i wanted to call her and we could play it by ear....
but i kinda felt weird...
it was our 1st play date "just us"and i like her ,kids liked each other..& were pretty rural so not alot of familys in the area kwim"

sigh wasnt making friends when you were kids so much easier???

okay well TIA
*Keri*I am a Co-sleeping ...Retired-EBF'er "8+years total"...No-circumcision... Non-Vaxing...Home-schooling/Road-schooling ~> College Student Momma, Who loves Blogging<~click to View O' and did I mention I am now a Avon Sales Rep ? www.youravon.com/Keri
June 22nd, 2010, 08:12 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I would ask up front, actually. For us, we've always done 2 hours, but that's because we schedule it on a group calendar online, and that's what the calendar says. Most of us have little ones as well, so they get cranky after a couple of hours. You could also schedule lunch playdates. Say you'll meet at the park at 11 for play and lunch, that way when everyone's tired and finished eating (around 1), you'll both be ready to leave.
June 23rd, 2010, 05:36 AM
JustAKrazymom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to JustAKrazymom Send a message via MSN to JustAKrazymom
when I set up actual playdates with other homeschooler's they are not group things. I usually keep it to 2-2.5 hours. Sometimes meeting at a park is best at first..then if one family needs to leave before the other it's no big deal and it can help to get a feel for each other outside of someone's home.

I always tell the mom ( well if I want to anyway) that we should do this again etc..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search