The week ahead...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's going on?

B goes back for week 3 of 4 for camp this week. (They had a week off last week.) Monday is camp, occupational therapy, and soccer (little one won't be happy about napping during commutes!). Wed is church. Thursday might be Mardel's. Saturday, a cousin is passing through and wants to stop to play with the kids.

We switched from TimeWarner to AT&T when we moved. AT&T was supposed to have given us $400 for the switch (guess they were desperate). We got a $100 visa card in the mail, but that was it. They sent a letter saying they screwed up and would get the rest to us. We don't know if it was added to the original card or if they're still working on getting it to us. We tried checking on it this weekend, but the site was down and the automated phone thing said to call back M-F, 8-5. The thing is, the card expires this month!

Mardel's is having a 20% sale for educational stuff again on Thursday. If the card has $100 on it, I'm going to get all the ETC books for Daniel (since that's something I doubt I'll find cheaper in un-used condition). If it has $400 on it, I'm also going to get botany, anatomy, MOH 2 & 3, and Latin for Children B. That'll cover most of next year and part of the following year for both boys.

*Here's hoping they gave us the full incentive amount!*
July 12th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Not a lot this week, Mostly laundry from our trip and getting the house back in order. I am going to Mardel's on Thursday for my oldest's math, but other than that we are taking it easy for a while.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

July 12th, 2010, 02:44 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Called today. It's only $100. Darn! They said the other $300 won't arrive for 6-8 weeks. Oh well. I can always save it for later.
July 12th, 2010, 09:01 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
today- spent the day typing up list of curriculum and outlines to send to school center
tuesday- staples, dollar tree, and store
Wednesday- church
Thursday- cleaning job and jewelry party
Friday, saturday- unsure
Sunday - church

July 13th, 2010, 04:30 AM
mater bibit
Am Vets come tomorrow to pick up donations so I am decluttering (again). I have 3 large bags full of stuff already and will be digging through DDs closet for more clothes today and ideally the boys' closet too. Why is it possible to get so much stuff out of the house and yet not see any more space IN the house???

We may loose internet connection this week. We lived without it for a couple of years when we first got married but now I'm not sure how I will manage without it. I will have to find more productive things to do and spend less money. See, we decided to loose our cell phones some time back and get a land line with DSL (which DH needed for school at one point) to reduce expenses since DH had a work cell for use if needed but he needed to get a personal cell again so we're reversing - sort of - we'll be getting iPhones this week so we'll still be able to do what we NEED to do online still plus more but it won't be the same obviously. It's going to be an adjustment for me - not that I couldn't benefit from less internet time. ... and I will be thankful to have a way of locating him again when I've lost him while shopping (I hate it when that happens - it's one of the few times I've actually thought "GAH! I would really appreciate a cell phone right now!").

Oh .. and AT&T is NOT giving us $400 for this ... more like the other way around. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search