What's going on this week?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2010, 06:16 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We're starting the LAST week of summer camp. *sniff-sniff* Ben has had a blast with it. I've really seen a creative spark in him that's different than what it has been. I'm glad he's enjoyed the past 5 weeks and that he can't wait to go back next year. Then again... I hate seeing him grow up.

Monday is occupational therapy. Wed is church. I'll probably have a doc appt and CT scan at some point, but I don't know when yet. I also have to schedule some stupid warranty work on the new house. When the cabinet guys were here to replace a panel in the kitchen, they broke a tile in the worst possible spot under/around/behind the dishwasher. We have to schedule 2 days in a row for work... one so the plumber can pull out and unhook the dishwasher and the tile guys can fix the tile, and another day for the plumber to put the dishwasher back. Fun times.

We're also hoping and praying for the contengiency contract on our house. We find out tomorrow if they plan to back out of the option period or not. They had an inspector come in, and they found that the seal is broken on all the windows (might need to replace all of them) AND found that there may be a major wiring problem with the fuse box. Not, not, NOT what we wanted to hear! The house is only 8 years old! We're broke enough with 2 mortgages right now. A fire hazard and no contract is not a good thing.

Last edited by BensMom; July 18th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.
July 18th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just more planning for dd's Birthday party, and getting all of our stuff ready for school to start in about a month or so.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

July 18th, 2010, 08:09 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Monday- swimming
Tuesday- clean house and laundry day
Wednesday- church
Thursday and Friday- work on lesson plans.
not sure of the weekend yet!
I am starting school in 3 weeks. tons of stuff to do yet!

July 19th, 2010, 09:12 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Found out husband is in stage 4 with his cancer.
So this week is setting up more tests to see if they can figure out where it started from and do a treatment plan based on that.

Its terribly hot here at moms(but around what it would be if we were still in our old place)so there isnt much going outdoors cuz 115 or so is just too hot for any kind of fun.
We have no money to just wander in a mall or go to McD's or anything like that nor can we waste gas in the van cuz we'll need it for the drs appts coming up in the next couple of weeks.

So we are trying to make good with things in moms house and Connor is keeping up with his reading lessons still.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 19th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Oh, nooo!! Did they give you a prognosis? How are the kids? How much do they know/understand?
July 19th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
Kids are ornery but I understand why.
They are fairly certain it started in his bowel/colon area but are going to do more tests to be sure. If that is the case then they will come up with a treatment plan based on that.
If they cant find the source then they have to do a general type treatment plan.

So by the first week of August we will have that plan in hand(hopefully).

No prognosis yet. Just told to stay positive cuz attitude goes a long way.

See, he technically has liver cancer cuz thats where the cancer "set up shop" HOWEVER, there are 3 types of cancer all formed around each other and NONE of them are actual liver cancer.

According to the pathology report one seems to stem from like the colon area, one fits the pancreatic cancer pattern more and the other it didnt say body parts just its type(which I dont know since I have no medical knowledge whatsoever). The main cancer he has(the primary one)is small cell carcinoma which is the most aggressive form of cancer there is. We fear he's had it for a while and just hasnt been found til now so he fears he wont make it through the end of the year.

We just have to keep hope and positiveness. The boys know he's sick and may not be around when they grow up but they are too young to really get details.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 19th, 2010, 02:42 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I am sorry to hear about your dh's cancer. praying for healing!

July 19th, 2010, 03:02 PM
I just don't even know what to say. I hope the kids are good for you, though. You have enough stress on your plate to have bad behavior on top of it. I'll be praying for your family.
July 19th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Well, we put off starting school until baby E gets here which is tomorrow.

We'll start next week though.

This week will be a transitioning week with the baby and all. Lots of organizing and cleaning as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search