Yes, yes, yesssss!!!!!!!

Forum: Homeschooling

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 4th, 2010, 09:47 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
My Miquon order FINALLY came in and I. LOVE. IT!!!!!!!!!!! Ben's going to flip when he's sees it. (I'm keeping it from him until the 16th.) It's so cool. It's so easy to follow. It's so colorful, yet simple! It has the option of being spiral or not. I wish I'd had this when I was a kid!
August 5th, 2010, 06:57 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Awesome!!! What did you get?? It's hard to keep track with you since you change your mind so often LOL!!!
August 5th, 2010, 07:11 AM
The whole Miquon set ... all 6 books, the rods, and the annotated notes. There are optional things I didn't know about, but I may be getting those free from CS... the diary, teacher notes, etc.
August 5th, 2010, 08:12 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
stay at home, homeschooling momma to Jacob(12), Alisha(10), Andrew (5)

August 5th, 2010, 09:48 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I loved the look of Miquon but just couldn't figure out how to go from the guide to actually making daily lesson plans. I'd love to hear how you plan to implement the program.
~Jennifer, wife of one, mother of many

Robert: 20 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 5 John Anthony: 2 AND Baby due Dec. 2015

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

Congratulations Raechel and Kaleb, married May, 2015

August 5th, 2010, 10:04 AM
We're going to go straight down the list, skipping around between the books, rather than doing them one at a time. We'll do all the counting, odd & even, then addition, then subtraction, etc. until we get to the end. I'll let him do as many or as few pages as he chooses each day since a lot of this will be mastered already, and a lot of it will be completely new. He's "in 2nd grade" as far as math goes, but Miquon wants you to start over completely with their system, so that's what we're doing. I'm sure it'll go really fast in some places and really slow in others. I want to make it fun since he hated R&S so much. He's already read the first chapter of Life of Fred Fractions, and he can't WAIT to start the book, so I told him as soon as he completes Miquon (couple years???), he can do LoF.

Last edited by BensMom; August 5th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
August 5th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad it looks like it will work for him! That's too bad that you've had to go through so many math programs.

I've got the Lab Sheet Annotations coming soon (hopefully today) and I have the rods. I think that after I get a chance to sit down with the annotations to get a feel for the program, that I'll buy the workbooks from CurrClick--that way I can print out sheets that he wants to do again.
Mama to an elementary school boy, kindergarten girl, and my miracle toddler girl.
Three 10w losses (11/2010 + 8/2011 + 10/2014)
August 5th, 2010, 06:45 PM
We love box day here too! My kids love looking through the new books!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search