We finally made our decision

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2011, 11:41 AM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So...after A LOT of thought and prayer and discussion, we've finally made some decisions.

Ellie will be going to kindergarten at the private school next year. With a little help, we were able to work things out with them over this past week and we're starting to put together a service plan that I think will work for her. This was not an easy decision for us but ultimately it came down to what will make Ellie happy. She wants to go to school with her sisters. After everything she's been through, it's nice to finally give her something she wants.

But...I officially pulled Ellie out of preschool today! I should have done this a loooooong time ago. Unfortunately, it took her getting hit in the head with a wooden block for me to finally do it.
Anyway...this means WE ARE HOMESCHOOLING for the remainder of Pre-K. (what's left of it anyway) The private school gave us some ideas of things to work on with her so I feel really good about it.
And they said that if we decide in the future that Ellie should be homeschooled full time, then they will serve as a cover school for us. This means as long as we're teaching the same subjects they teach, we can design our own curriculum, we would have access to the school library and other resources and Ellie could participate in extra-curriculars and field trips!

I am sooo over the moon happy about all of this I can't even begin to tell you! Thank you so much for all your advice and support! I'm sure I'll be in here a lot more often...at least for a while.

Blessings,
Anna

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search