Happy Monday... what's happening?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2011, 08:53 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
What's going on this week?

School: This week is the beginning of the dovetail transition into 3rd grade. All of his subjects don't start or end at the same time. The year for us is basically May to May with a short summer term and standard Fall/Spring terms. Some of his stuff is about 3/4 through 2nd grade, some is finishing 2nd soon, and some will be moving into 3rd this week.

Bible is Joshua (chronological Gen thru Rev study), science is ungulates (horse-like animals), history is Alexander the Great, math is working on speed for facts using IXL (we're done with Miquon until Fall), English is the last few lessons in R&S 3 (we'll start 4th next week), we're starting Early Reading Comprehension from Varied Subject Matter books C & D this week (to be finished by mid-June), Latin is mostly review (there are only 3 actual lessons left, I believe, and then a couple of section reviews and a whole book review ... we won't start the next book until Fall), and handwriting is right where it should be (HWT green book) to finish in mid-May.

Otherwise: Monday (aside from groceries and laundry) is a curriculum show & tell for my HS group. We're all meeting at the library to display what we have and to browse & ask questions about what others have brought. Tuesday is vision therapy and bowling league (week 11 of 18 with awards and pizza in week 19). Wednesday is physical therapy and church. Thurs and Fri will be our heaviest school days this week. Nothing planned for those days except that I'll be prepping for a fundraising event I'm doing this weekend for Barefoot Books. (For one of the PS bands in the area.)

Last edited by BensMom; April 3rd, 2011 at 08:55 PM.
April 3rd, 2011, 10:27 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
this week is my sabbath/spring break.. I have tons of filing and paperwork to do with school. I also need to plan out the rest of our year....
house: I need to clean house and slowly start decluttering/spring cleaning each room.
thursday- I am taking a quilting class at the NQA in Cincy. I am excited to learn a new quilting technique
BTW, I went to the homeschool convention over this past weekend and saw the Duggars

April 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
Super Mommy
This week we are finish his portfolio up for his review next Friday. Moving our stuff from our old house to the one we've been living at almost a year and continuing reflooring our house.
April 4th, 2011, 04:45 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Today, Wednesday, and Friday are normal school days. Wednesday is Scouts for Jamie and Cameron and Achievement for Ani. Tomorrow is my birthday. Jamie's taking off work so we're taking off school. Ani will be up to her every-two-weeks tests so I might have her go ahead and take them anyway. Don't know what we'll be doing. Thursday we'll do part of school at least. Jamie's going to be working from home in the morning and then we're taking Cameron to the elementary school. They are going to do one final test with him (to figure out his exact reading level) and then we have his IEP meeting to discuss all the results from his testing.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

April 4th, 2011, 06:18 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmommato3 View Post
BTW, I went to the homeschool convention over this past weekend and saw the Duggars
I love that show.

How was the convention? Come away with anything new (by ears or hand)?
April 4th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
All three kids have a nasty cold. I don't know what from, or where they got it. They started feeling kinda icky last week, but seemed pretty a-ok just a smidge crabby. They went to moms for the weekend and just got home a little bit ago. Mom says they were all fine until today, lol. I guess the colds kicked in full blast.

So this week, we're taking it very easy, minor stuff. I have to finish their semester reviews in a couple of subjects one day this week.
Other than that, no plans, that I know of.
I'm still dealing with a hefty migraine though. The new med the doc gave me is NOT doing its job whatsoever. So I think I'll call and see if he can switch it to something else. I don't go back there until May and not so sure I want to put up with this for another month.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search