Government health care?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 05:10 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, so I live in Texas. I'm wondering if there is any reason my kids would kicked off of CHIP if we started homeschooling. I'm wondering because the applications always ask if the children attend school or not.

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 7th, 2011, 06:34 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Nope. Homeschooling is a legal form of schooling in TX. You shouldn't have any issues. If you do, all you need to do is give them a copy of the withdrawal you give the school and tell them your child is attending _____ (make up a name for your school like "So-n-so Academy" or whatever. Doesn't matter.) If they still hassle you, join HSLDA. I honestly don't think they'll do anything at all though. HS'ing is really popular here. You can get a free HS'ing ID card at Homeschool Buyer's Co-op, too, which will get you teacher/student discounts at bookstores and museums and such sometimes, too.

Last edited by BensMom; April 7th, 2011 at 06:36 AM.
April 7th, 2011, 06:39 AM
sarahlorrain's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! Yep, I just got off of the phone with them and they said that it won't affect eligibility at all. Also, I just got off of the phone with my husband as well and he said that homeschooling the children is OK! He was even ok with taking them out of school now, but I said that I want to let them finish out the school year. There are only 8 more weeks left anyway. Turned out, my husband was talking about it with a coworker of his who is much older - 62 - and he said that if had children right now with the school system the way it is, he's homeschool too. I think that helped make hubby's decision. Yippee!

Owner of HomeJobsForMom.com
April 7th, 2011, 06:48 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
That's great!
April 7th, 2011, 06:51 AM
~Katie~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thats great that he is so supportive!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search