We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
How much longer do you have to go before you are done with the school year? If we do not take any days at all, which I am sure we will take a day at least, but if we don't then our last day is set to be May 25th. Matthew is getting really excited as he is will be doing a review of his last chapter in 1st grade math and then his test on that chapter, and then he will do a review of the years work and have a final on it and move on to 2nd grade work!
We just started in January with my 5 year old so we will likely continue to go through the summer. Our tentative plan is to school during the summer because it's so hot here and take two longer breaks in the fall and spring. We'll see how that works and go from there.
Alison - Mom to: Augustus (2) Maximus (3) Eleanor (5) Reid (6) Evelyn (8) Lucas (12) Christopher (14)
Baby Leo or Charlotte due 7/27
We're in the middle of a dove-tail transition right now. We've already moved on in reading comp and English. Everything else will dovetail sometime between now and May 20th. We're doing a 4-week summer term starting at the end of May, and then we'll break for 8 weeks after that (2 weeks of camp, 1 week of vacation, 2 weeks of camp, 2 weeks of vacation, a week of VBS, and back to the Fall term ).
We go year round. Cameron is 10 lessons into 3rd grade. Ani will finish 7th the end of June/beginning of July. Fritz is just over halfway through kindergarten. They move up as they finish a grade.
~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008) Smaller on the Outside
Our virtual academy's last day is June 6th or something like that (not looking at calendar) but we plan to continue working on assignments (that weren't completed during the regular school year) over the summer. K12 has a 90% completion requirement so we'll do the other 10% over the summer.
right now it is May 20th. Then we will take a month off. then I will do testing. Then they will have a month off again for camps,church stuff, parks, swimming. We will start back August 9th! I plan to start year long in August.
stay at home, homeschooling momma to Jacob(12), Alisha(10), Andrew (5)
We will finish the bulk of our work May 6th. We will do some math review and reading over the summer a few times a week but our daily work ends May 6th as long as we stay on track for the next 3.5 weeks.
Momma to E-10yrs 11/03, S-7.5yrs 8/06, A-6yrs 3/08, J-4yrs 11/09, and K 2yrs 9/11
We finish or gave up on what's left for this year last week. We packed up anything we may use later for 6th grade. We started MBTP yesterday but our review is this Friday. He officially moves up the June 13th. He started his three day schedule this week. It isn't taking nearly as long as I thought to get through a day in MBTP so this is a good curriculum if his excitement keeps up. If not we'll look for something new in August at our local curriculum fair.
We started mid February and have had 2 weeks off already so ..er..
I actually want to be done by Fall because we've decided to go in a different direction curriculum wise and I'd like to get an earlier start on it so my plan is to speed up what we're doing (aside from math and phonics which continue always at their own pace) so that I can start the new curriculum in September. Either way, we're most likely not going to be done before August and possibly not before December.