What's happening this week?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2011, 10:10 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Today was school, errands, and laundry for us. We've got a field trip to the botanical gardens and bowling league tomorrow, therapy and church wed, therapy and making cupcakes Thur, and then Friday is a maybe... I know for sure we're doing a recycling center field trip, but there's also a farm field trip immediately following it (different group). Not sure if we'll go to that one or not, because it'll cut into Daniel's nap, and we'll have to eat in the car. Not a big fan of either of those... even though Daniel's been BEGGING me to go to a farm again. It's a "we'll see" sort of thing.
April 19th, 2011, 09:59 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Well, was going to do grocery shopping today, but I am going to hold off until tomorrow. I don't want to buy a bunch of stuff and then it spoils if the power goes out for any extended time. It went out for a bit this morning and it wasn't even bad out. So, nothing special today, groceries tomorrow and nothing until Friday. We will head back up to stay with my parents for the Easter weekend. Whit has to get my mom's birthday cake made and decorated as well to take up, her birthday is on Easter this year.
Oh, just had to share that for an Easter present for Whitney, I found a real chef coat sized XS and had her named embroidered onto it all for less than $10!!! I cant wait to give it to her!!
April 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
How COOOL!! She's going to love it!
April 20th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're on spring break this week but doing supplemental stuff. Monday they explored in the dirt looking for bugs (science). Yesterday they played Monopoly (math). Not sure yet about today or tomorrow aside from church tonight. We're headed to the zoo on Friday & going to watch The Passion Of The Christ that evening. (anyway to work Passion in as a class? history maybe???)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
April 20th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Azmomto4's Avatar Veteran
I plan on watching Passion with my 10yr old this week, too. I remember seeing it in the theatre with a group from our church when it came out. We bought it on dvd, but I haven't been able to watch it again since...it was very emotionally draining!!

On a lighter note, our Homeschooling group is having a lesson on Israel on Friday and then having a picnic lunch and Easter Egg hunt for the kids...
and NO GYM practice on Friday!!! whoo hoo!!! (well, I'm more excited about that than the kids are, lol)

April 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm hanging around the house a lot trying to heal from the c-section and taking lots of naps . Ironically, all of our old schedules got messed up and I have been getting up a lot earlier than usual so we have been getting as much or more school done since the baby was born.

I would like to get some easter crafts to do with the kids and talk about the resurrection.

Friday we will color eggs I think. Saturday is Easter Dinner at Gramma's. Sunday is easter baskets & church.

[/url]

April 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2princes2princesses View Post
(anyway to work Passion in as a class? history maybe???)
I'd call it theater or drama? History would work, too, especially if you talk about customs, dress, etc. from the time period! I'd double-count that one.
April 21st, 2011, 08:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
I'd call it theater or drama? History would work, too, especially if you talk about customs, dress, etc. from the time period! I'd double-count that one.
No theater/drama for 2nd grade so history it is!
If I can count Liberty Kids as History, I should be able to (and will) use Passion for it as well. (thank goodness for supplemental hours)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
April 22nd, 2011, 08:46 AM
sarah1up's Avatar Member
Everyone sounds so busy! I know I'll be there soon enough, though. We are starting a unit study on bugs. I figure that would give me some direction for crafts and books to get without the poor kid feeling like I was forcing him to learn. We'll get to the library tomorrow and hopefully find a few fun ideas and books.
April 22nd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Just realized I never answered this, lol.

Been a crappy week, stupid cold turned into bronchitis and a sinus infection. Meh.

We've gotten done pretty much bare minimum in every subject this week, lol. We did get them done, just didn't do any extra anything and most days were done in a couple hours or so.
As soon as my ride gets here after they get out of work we have to go to save a lot to get groceries. I was going to walk down there with the kids-it's a mile or two from here. But I really don't feel like walking that far today when it's doing the pretend snow thing. If I didn't feel so bad I would, lol.
Tomorrow the kids will have an egg hunt here at home. It's too cold today and I'm too lazy to go out there, atm.
Sunday is Easter, first at home, then we go to my mom's.
Next week the girls have testing m-th (lis is m and w, lex is t and th) and weds is lissy's birthday. It'll be a slow week, I hope.

I feel like death warmed over.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search