for next year

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Veteran
I had to turn off my internet months back and didn't realize I could get on this board via my blackberry. So glad I can, I had just got started here and then lost touch and have felt rather "lonely".
So we are finished homeschooling for the year. Have been for about a month. We could have and should have done more, but the kids desire to do a thing after state tests plummeted and my desire to fight it, did also.
I was also diagnosed with bipolar 2 in December and trying to find "the right" medication for me to continue to be productive...its all been a battle.
Anywho, I am back via blackberry and very exited.
We will be utilizing workboxes next year, truely for my own sanity and organizational process. We will also be using Weaver from Alpha Omega. I am going to give Horizons math a try. We will continue on with book we have here at home and those we can obtain from the library for reading materials along with the Weaver.
If we are able to get any money to purchase new materials this year, I will be focused on SOS for my 6th graders math and a foreign language. If no funds become available, we will try and purchase horizons.
I have been asked if I would consider homeschooling someone elses child this next year and while I know it isn't exactly in the state law to do so...the virtual academy in this state allows it, so I would have a leg to stand on IF they were to ever come knocking on my door.
I however feel it is the christian thing to do...they asked so they know the need is there for a more personalized education.
I am overwhelming myself with the thought of next year already, but also looking forward to the challenge.

Who else has next year planned already?

Next year I will be homeschooling: 11yo (grade 6), 7yo (grade 2), 5yo (k), 3yp (pk) 2yo (tot), my special needs 18yo (grde 2/3) and if all goes well my friends 5yo (k).
Boys: 12, 8, 6
Homeschooling, frugal, finally not CDing, college student, co-op teacher, open minded, passionate momma who has been married to the love of my life for almost 20 years!!
May 14th, 2011, 01:49 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Welcome back! Glad you're able to get on via blackberry. I'm still in the dark ages, but hey... at least I have a cell phone, right? I rarely use the silly thing, and it's not fancy.

Our "next year" is right now. We HS year round, beginning in May, so we're just starting 3rd for the oldest. I'll wait until Fall to start K with the younger, though. We just do a short summer term, because we also have summer camp, VBS, travel, etc. going on.
May 14th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Hi there

We're not quite finished with the year yet but will be in about a week or week and a half, depending on how long I can drag it out, lol.

Next year is already planned as we're staying with K12. Next year I'll have kiddos in 7th(12yr), 5th(10yr) and 2nd(7yr,but he'll be 8 shortly after we start). Right now all three of them are finished with science, geography,history,art,music, literature and foreign language. Some of those they've been done for a while now though. We're mostly just doing math and some language arts(minus literature and foreign language) things everyday at this point. Brushing up on areas that had them a little stumped on and off has been a great time filler too.
May 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I will be starting out for the first time this summer. My girls are 3 and will be doing a pre-k program beginning in June. I teach in a public school at the moment, so I want to get my girl's routine established when I have a little more time. I plan on continuing with them in the evenings once school starts for me again.

May 14th, 2011, 08:33 PM
Veteran
I am hoping that once we get started after the summer is over that we will do a more year round schedule. My oldest graduated from high school this year (well does next week) so it has been best for us to utilize the school schedule.

We tried k12 at the beginning of this school year and it definitely wasn't for us.

I am excited about next year and need to get some "planning" done.
Boys: 12, 8, 6
Homeschooling, frugal, finally not CDing, college student, co-op teacher, open minded, passionate momma who has been married to the love of my life for almost 20 years!!
May 15th, 2011, 02:36 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
I am almost ready for the new year. I have half of my books purchased. I will be starting year around in August. I will have a (11yo) 6th, (9 yo) 4th, and a (4 yo) pre-k grades. I will be doing pre-k for free off of the internet
we are finishing our school year this week

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search