What's happening this week?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2011, 08:14 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
We're starting the first (very short) summer term of 3rd grade. We're continuing the English and reading comp we already started a few weeks ago, adding geography (by request ), cursive writing and typing, and continuing with the same math and Bible we've been doing for a while. We have 2 therapy sessions (vision and physical) and a doc appointment (Daniel) this week, and of course, we'll fit in as much bowling as we can.
May 31st, 2011, 02:40 AM
sarah1up's Avatar Member
Bowling sounds like fun! I'm still trying to get some activities built of for ds to stay busy for when this baby finally decides to come. I'm starting to slip into that "I'm going to be pregnant forever" mindset. I came across the idea of lap books and loved it so I'm making an ABC themed one (in a big 3 ring binder) with lots of games and activities inside. I'm including math, science, social studies, ect. so it is a bit more diverse, just dividing it up by theme letter. I think I'm having more fun putting it together than ds will have playing with it.
May 31st, 2011, 05:44 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1up View Post
I think I'm having more fun putting it together than ds will have playing with it.
I completely understand!!
May 31st, 2011, 08:49 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Just the usual mom/wife duties... I also need to get all papers and such put away/graded from last school year and order my tests

May 31st, 2011, 05:13 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Have to box up the few items that have to be returned to K12, it's not much, lol. At some point I have to have someone take them to the UPS place(K12 sends the return labels, so not like we have to pay for it, just have to drop it off at the UPS store).

Other than that, it's a boring week. I don't know if the kids are coming home tonight or not. They haven't made up their minds yet, lol. They went to moms on Friday and yesterday I went over there for a memorial day BBQ but they decided to stay again. So I guess we'll see. Mom has AC and we don't, I don't blame them it's blazin hot today and humid, blech. It's still 91 or so outside here. I hope it cools off soon and we get a nice cool breeze at some point tonight.

I have some cleaning I really need to get done and some more yardwork. I went outside earlier to do it and said forget it, came back in. That humidity about killed me. Had to mow the front yesterday before I went to the BBQ. Took me almost an hour and a half and it normally only takes me maybe a half hour to do the front. It's huge but it's easy to mow, normally. Poor mower could barely do it, it's so wet out still. You can see the dang tire tracks from where it sank in. The backyard is out of the question for another day or two. It's really tall but there is also too much water still back there(which is just making the skeeters go nuts, of course). I'm in a whining mood today, it's hot, and I hate the heat. I want an AC, lol.
Might take the kids for a walk to the beach this week at some point. Water's a tad chilly for me, but they fully enjoyed it yesterday. I have pics I took with my phone I'll have to post them. They turned out not too shabby, considering my phone is horrible.
Leo's strawberry plants are growing. I'm kind of surprised, I figured they were goners because of all the rain. But nope, leaves and stems all over. I have a feeling that *if* they produce anything this year, it won't be much. There is also another pot out there by his one strawberry pot. It's got some HUGE plants in it and I have absolutely no clue what they are. He can't remember either. I'm fairly certain it's not a flower, because I know where he planted those, at least I think I do. They're nice and healthy whatever they are. And it's definitely not a vine type plant. Guess we'll find out if they decide to bloom, or grow produce or something. One of the branches from the bush/tree thingy(yes that's my technical term for it, I have no clue what it is-but it is gorgeous) by my front door blew off in one of the big storms a lil while back. It landed in the pot where those plants are, and has decided to root itself there. It's blooming now too.
He has some bucket type things out back with seeds in them. Tomatoes, peppers, cucumber and I can't remember what else. I haven't checked them yet today, so not sure if they survived all the rain or not. Wanted to plant a full garden but I can't get my hands on a tiller. So that will have to wait til next year. This year his garden is all in pots and buckets and stuff. It's kinda cute actually, has a whole little garden of 5 gallon buckets and a few toy buckets too, lol. I swear that boy could grow anything. Give him a bottle of ketchup and he'll get a plant to sprout in it.
May 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I am getting excited to get started with the girls. I need (desperately need) to go through all my school supplies and order it all by "grade". I have collected soooo much over the last nine years (and yes my kids, my only kids, are only 3 LOL) and it is all piled up in various plastic containers. I need some organization to know what I have! We set up a bird feeder out in the back yard and have already talked about earthworms (when we were cleaning up some old rocks and found some!) and I have a little veggie container garden and a little wild flower garden that the girls help plant, so that will cover us for science for the summer. We are going to do a book worm to log our reading this summer too so I have been cutting circles to have ready for that. Only 3 weeks and I will be done working for the summer and I can get things started up for the girls.

May 31st, 2011, 08:10 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
We are done for the year and taking a couple of weeks off before we start in again. We may plan on a trip over to the petting zoo/farm market Friday or Thurs if we don't babysit. We watch an 18 month old 3 days a week while his mom teaches summer school physics at the local college. Other than that crazy fun that we have with him, we don't have a whole lot special planned right now other than just unwinding.
June 1st, 2011, 03:37 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ellie started a new treatment this week so we're taking it easy for the most part.
The girls are required to keep a journal/scrapbook of their summer vacation and turn it in for credit at the begining of the year. Ellie decided she wants to make one too so we all got started on that after a trip to the dollar store and Michaels to stock up on supplies. And we'll be spending as much time as possible in the pool while Ellie's still castless.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search