Memorial day pics :D

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2011, 06:21 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Was a great day, despite having to mow in the morning before I left (sorry this is really pic heavy too)

We went and spent the day at my mom's hubby's mom's rofl. She has a camper at this park, it's actually only about 40 or so minutes from here. It sits directly on the lake. It was really hot, sun was out all day and it's the first Memorial day in YEARS that it hasn't rained or been cold(not that it ever stopped us from having a BBQ). Was somewhat odd, but very nice. I got a bit sunburnt on my face, forgot to put sunblock on it. But not bad. The kids had a blast. We had my niece there too and her little friend. They're both about 18mos or so now. They were real fun(and trying to keep them from running down the hill was interesting to say the least, lol)

Anyway, here's some pics. The quality isn't the best, they're cell pics my poor camera battery was dead. Could've sworn I charged it, but I guess not.

The view from a couple feet away from her camper..

Kids playing in the water(this is Lake Erie, the same lake we live on) Lexi didn't go fully in the water right away, lol. It really was actually kinda cold. The other two didn't mind tho. Lissy caught a fish while she was swimming. A little blue gill. I had to convince her to let it go. They also caught another toad, and I had to convince Leo to let that one go(because we have the tads, lol)

By this time, the kids were whooped, and we were cleaning up and getting ready to go home. But Leo wanted to sit and watch the sunset with me (and I made the girls come over so I could try and get a pic too, lol) I got some better ones with mom's camera. Have to wait til she sends them to me. The sunset was absolutely beautiful. The house behind the kids in the one pic is the caretaker's house. He keeps the park pretty. I didn't get any other pics of the park but it's HUGE. Has a couple very big playgrounds, concession stand, pavilions, restrooms, basketball courts and I can't remember what else. It's a really nice park, but huge.

May 31st, 2011, 07:39 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Very cool! I don't think the pix are bad quality, either. ... heckofalot better than my phone!
May 31st, 2011, 08:00 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Looks like you all had a great time!!
May 31st, 2011, 08:05 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Yeah the pics on this phone turn out way better than my old phone too.

It really was a nice day. And the kids aren't coming home tonight either. My mom told them they're going to have to start paying rent and leo handed her a dollar, rofl.
June 1st, 2011, 03:27 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Looks like you all had a great day! What great pics. TFS!

And a dollar for rent?!!?!? What a funny kid.
June 1st, 2011, 06:30 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Looks like a beautiful place! Glad you had a good time!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search