Suggestions for Amazon order

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM
sarah1up's Avatar Member
We are going to place an Amazon order next week and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for any kind of books and learning resources. Jet is almost 4 and I am for sure getting pattern shapes and base 10 blocks. I guess I'm just looking for the kinds of things that it's good to have on hand for homeschooling. Any kind of books with fun things for preschool up through 2nd grade or so that you might recommend as well. Thanks for the thoughts!
June 1st, 2011, 07:37 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
One of my favorite things for reading is the even moore series called Read and Understand. They have grades k-6 (most books are labeled with more than one grade like a 3-4th, 1-2, or K-2). I got these off Amazon and use them in my classroom all the time. Most pre-k things I use are things you have around the house or craft items. (Like counting silverware and categorizing blocks by color) One thing you may want is a set of ABC flash cards (again, I am big on making my own with index cards, so you may not need to buy them).

June 1st, 2011, 09:54 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Evan Moore has a lot of great stuff.

I can't even begin to make a list of things I'd buy at Amazon! I guess that's why they make wish lists?
June 2nd, 2011, 05:27 AM
sarah1up's Avatar Member
Thanks for the tips! We make most of our stuff, too (I'm pretty "frugal") but there are a few things I really want... I mean I want Jet to have So far my list is: Pattern Shapes, Base 10 Counting Cubes, and I just added Play Money. Seems like things that should last and we should be able to do a lot with.
June 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
If you don't already have them magnetic letters can be very helpful as well. All three of my kids still play with ours all the time, lol.
June 2nd, 2011, 02:30 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love the little bears! My kids of all ages play with them. They are great for sorting and counting.
Amazon.com: 50 Counting Bears with 5 Cups: Toys & Games

I also have several art books by Mary Ann Kohl
I have Big Messy Art Book & Scribble Art. I have a monthly art class with a group of kids and these activities have been lots of fun.

June 2nd, 2011, 09:46 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
If you are getting money, I would go for magnetic money - you can post it on the fridge and do different activities with it and it is less likely to get lost.

June 3rd, 2011, 03:24 AM
sarah1up's Avatar Member
Thanks again for all the ideas. It's incredibly helpful. Jill- I never thought of looking for magnetic money. I might make that. I was fine with printing out money but it was going to be too annoying to get a front and back and I wanted it a little realistic. Magnetic money would solve that problem. Thanks for the idea!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search