No longer homeschooling

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My son decided that he missed going to school with the other kids and wants to be back in regular schools next year. I'm gonna call around to 2 of the local private schools (one christian one catholic) to see if we qualify for scholarships. I REALLY don't want him in our local district.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
June 5th, 2011, 05:12 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hope it works out for you. I looked into a local private school and it would cost us 9,000 / yr for both of our boys (total). Yipes...

[/url]

June 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Also look around your area for "university model" homeschools. Like a university, kids attend class 2-3 days per week, but do the bulk of the work from home. It's a great compromise for a lot of people who want to homeschool, but also want a school setting.
June 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks. If I can't get him into either private school, I'll check that out, BensMom.

TaraJo29, I only have the one child I'd be placing but that is something we'll have to think about if we decide to place Princess where Little Man goes. Still have 2 school years for that though.

One of them has a $38/month payment plan that we could swing if we don't qualify for scholarships. (i really don't see that happening unless they aren't giving anymore out for the year though. LOL)

June 6th, 2011, 07:31 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Good luck!! I hope things work out for him!
June 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM
D@mnedYankee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
I'm thinking it's $38/wk rather than $38/mo. When I first saw that, I thought it was a typo.
I agree we had DD at a Private school here last year and it was $280/month and that was half price :/
if it isnt then jump on it!

Thanks Julia for the great siggy! <3
June 9th, 2011, 04:12 PM
mamma_anna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@mnedYankee View Post
I agree we had DD at a Private school here last year and it was $280/month and that was half price :/
if it isnt then jump on it!
Geez...Even $560 a month seems cheap to me. We pay almost $800 a month per girl and that's with financial aid and sibling discounts.

I hope something works out for you.
June 9th, 2011, 06:15 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
It's $800-1300/mo here, but private schools are kinda cut-throat around here, too.
June 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
The form says "Monthly with a processing fee of $38" So now I'm not sure if it's just 38 per month or that's on top of whatever the monthly fee is.

Discussed the options with Little Man last night. We decided (Hubby, Little Man, & I) that we didn't think the uniform option would probably work out very well. LM has a hard time putting his laundry away in a manner that doesn't cause wrinkles and the private schools obviously want neat appearances. So we're back to regular public school. I have a call in to try to open enroll him to one of the elementary schools in the next district over. Fighting like crazy to keep him out of our local district but might be unavoidable.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search