First day of school.

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 13th, 2011, 09:41 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We did our first day of preschool-home school today and I am very excited! My plan for the summer is to just get Dd set and familiarized with her upper and lower case letters and the sounds they make and then basic numbers (she already knows them 1-20). And then do more preschool stuff in the fall if I feel she is ready.

Today we went over the letter A and number 1.

We colored both of them and then practiced writing the letter A, and after that we went through the flash cards for the upper and lower case letters.

Btw, after all that rambling, I am Meagan (22), Army wife to Dusty (also 22), and mommy to three year old Addi. I used to post here some but haven't in awhile. Dh doesn't want to home school after pre-k at all but Dd is advanced in some areas and I am hoping he will see that I can do a better job of teaching her at home. Oh and I am currently going to school to get my bachelors in Elementary Education.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

June 13th, 2011, 09:49 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Welcome back! Sounds like a great plan to me!
June 13th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I am also keeping a small journal of what we do every day and our progress throughout the summer. For Dh to look at but also for me because I like to see the progress she is making.

June 13th, 2011, 10:47 AM
What does your dh have against homeschooling?
June 13th, 2011, 10:50 AM
Mostly it is the typical home-schooled kids are weird mentality, I just can't seem to get him past that no matter how much extra curricular talk I throw at him.

June 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
He needs to go to homeschool events with you (like park days), and he needs to see what it's like in a PS classroom. Yeah... there are some weird HS'ers out there who are sheltered their entire lives and never speak to other kids. That's not the norm, though. There are also some really weird kids in PS.

No Thank You, We Don't Believe in Socialization!
June 13th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I don't know of any home school groups where we are now, but I plan on getting involved in one if possible when we get to our first 'real' duty station next summer.

June 13th, 2011, 08:00 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds like your off to a great start!! We will be starting back next week or the following week, just depends on what we feel like lol!!
June 14th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Sounds like your off to a good start and being a military family you'll be able to keep her on track and not miss a beat when you need to move. Much better than her being ahead or behind when she switches schools simply because each school uses a different program or pacing. I hope your DH sees that it would be a benefit to keep homeschooling! One of the reasons I really want to homeschool my kids is because I had a good friend as a teen who was homeschooled (she was a coast guard kid) and I wished I could learn in the environment she had.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search