Suggestions for lamintors?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2011, 08:21 PM
meamommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Does anyone have a laminator they love? I am looking at getting one for the kids stuff, I thought it would be great for making letter cards to trace for Ethan, and stuff like that and I also found some other organization stuff I wanted to use it for. I know nothing about them though! I am also in the market for a new printer, something that I can use a lot but cheaply refill the ink on as well!
Ethan 5/23/07 5 lbs 8 oz 17 inches
Amelia Jane 10/25/10 5 lbs 14 oz 18 inches

June 15th, 2011, 08:51 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Amazon.com: Scotch Thermal Laminator Combo Pack, Includes 20 Laminating Sheets, 9 Inches x 11.4 Inches (TL901SC): Office Products

I got this one around Christmas time and was able to grab it up on one of those deal days where it was super cheap, but it is totally worth it at this price here and it comes with some sheets. I love it!!! I know there are a few others on here with the same one as well and love it as well.

I don't know about printers though. For ink however, I get mine off ebay for super cheap and it lasts me forever!! I use this printer for school, business and personal use. I use something called a continuous ink supply where it has bottles that sit outside the printer and tubes that run down to the cartridges. The quality IMO is comparable to the name brand cartridges. This last order that I did was has lasted me a little over a year and a half where before I was replacing a cartridge or 2 at least every other month due to the volume of printing I do.
continuous ink system | eBay
June 15th, 2011, 09:26 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Ditto the laminator. I have that one.

I also don't know about printers, but I use mine for business use, so I get ink in bulk cheaper than buying one at a time.
June 16th, 2011, 07:03 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I haven't used it yet, but our Staples store has a self-adhesive laminate that is basically like super clear contact paper. A friend has said it was just as good as heat laminate but without the need for the machine. I figured I would try it out this summer. As for printers, I have an HP that works well and the ink cost isn't too bad. One cartridge will last quite a long time even with a good bit of printing (and we have an all in one printer/copier/fax/scanner that gets a lot of use as a copy machine). As for quality prints the HP does well, but I went with an Epson for my photo printer (I have a little photo lab printer for 4x6 and a wide format printer for digital scrap book pages). The ink cost is high for both the Epson printers - but they are both designed specifically for photos.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search