Letter of Intent

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 02:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sooooo.... Give me the basics on this, please!! What to include, what to exclude? Links to some good sample letters? We are planning on having ours in the mail before the end of next week. Do I need to call the school board at all for anything? Or just send them this letter in the mail? A little confused on this part. Thanks ladies!

June 24th, 2011, 08:24 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I've never had to do one, so I can't comment from personal experience, but I can tell you what friends in other states have told me... unless your law specifically states that you have to list curriculum, etc., don't. If the law just wants a letter of intent and that's all, simply write up a short letter (really, like 1-2 sentences) saying you intend to homeschool (full name & DOB) during the (20xx-20xx) school year. Make SURE you mail it with the confirmation or signature option so they can't claim they didn't get it.
June 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Kentucky looks super easy to submit a LOI for. Here's a link! CHEK - KY Laws & Forms
June 25th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, so I am pretty sure I found a good sample letter on the CHEK site. So is it appropriate for me to ask them to mail me a copy of DD's Kindergarten records in the letter? Or do I need to call to get that?

June 25th, 2011, 05:59 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
You will probably have to go in and get her record, I had to sign something stating that I was picking it up and withdrawing her from school. There is a CHEK convention this weekend in Louisville somewhere if your interested.
June 25th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I guess I am going to have to call Monday and find out when I can go pick up her records and I still need to mail the letter of intent rather than just bringing it with me to the office, correct?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search