Ok... Can I REALLY do this??!?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well everything is ready for me to begin homeschooling my girls. This morning I got a BFP! I should be due sometime in March... Am I REALLY going to be able to do this?!

July 8th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Hehe, but of course you will

It might take time to get into a routine, and you may have to adjust things as the year goes on, but you can do it!

Congratulations btw!
July 8th, 2011, 08:34 AM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
congrats! Yep, you can do this. I would start right now so you can take February and March off!
Just remember, it will take a week or so for you and your kids to get used to doing school at home.... you are not only mom now, but teacher too

July 8th, 2011, 10:03 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course you can! Congratulations

Newborns sleep pretty much all the time for the first two months, which gives you March/April to do mostly teaching and nursing (which you can do while teaching, I'm sure). And by the time the baby settles into a schedule you'll be ready to adjust your days accordingly. You're going to be just fine!

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 8th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can do it I am due in February and honestly I love the structure of school. I feel more motivated to get that done and it gives the kids something constructive to do. Our lives run much more smoothly now, even amidst morning sickness and first trimester fatigue

July 9th, 2011, 04:46 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Of course! I've had babies twice while homeschooling. It's really not until they are a few months old that they get to be a problem while doing school. We took 2-3 weeks off after each and then we were ready to get back to school (we school year round).

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 9th, 2011, 07:20 AM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How exciting! Yes, you can do it! I always say that newborns are EASY compared to 1 & 2 yr olds who never quit, but by then you will have your school routine down. You can definitely do it. But now it will be even more important for you to make a schedule and plan your time off around when the baby is born. Don't even think you're going to do school for 3-4 weeks after the baby is born so you can rest. And if morning sickness and exhaustion is an issue, try to go easy on yourself and do a lot of read-alouds while laying on the couch. Maybe DH can play teacher a bit, too. You will figure it out. Congrats again!!

[/url]

July 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Congrats! And I am sure you will do just fine. Ditto to the others - plan your schedule around what works for you and plan on games and things that will let you teach from the couch

July 9th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Mega Super Mommy
congratulations!
i'm wondering the same thing about me-i'll be home-schooling two this year and im due in November! Plus I have a 2 year old boy.
July 9th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
We'll probably take a week off or so in February, but beyond that I'm planning for business as usual.

That said our business as usual, is pretty flexible to begin with, lol. I like to keep it that way in case anything comes up.
July 10th, 2011, 08:16 PM
Veteran
Congratulations - I am sure you will make it work!

Danielle ^^^ congrats! That was unexpected!!

Check out my blog: http://sproutschool.wordpress.com/
July 11th, 2011, 07:51 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Congrats!! You'll be fine!
July 11th, 2011, 08:15 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Congrats Melinda!! You will be fine, like everyone said, you will have your routine down and by the time baby comes, it will be sleeping all the time to begin with. It is when they get a little older that it becomes a challenge at times.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search