I'm in shock!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2011, 06:09 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have mentioned before that Dh is totally against hs'ing no matter what. Well last night over dinner we got into another discussion about it and again, like always, I just gave him my reasons for it being important to me. It wasn't really a debate or me trying to convince him anymore, we were just talking about it. Well all of a sudden he stops and says "You can home school until 2nd grade, after that I would really like her to go to school though." I am in shock! In all honesty I will take the until 2nd grade right now, that gives me a lot of time to convince him about the other grades without having to actually convince him verbally. I am so excited!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 14th, 2011, 06:38 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay! Praise the Lord! I'm assuming that by the time second grade comes around he'll be willing to let you go further

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 14th, 2011, 06:41 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's what I am praying for, Sara!

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 14th, 2011, 07:17 AM
RachaelDMommaTo3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachaelDMommaTo3 Send a message via Yahoo to RachaelDMommaTo3
Awesome! My DH was like that.. NO way he was letting me homeschool. DS went to PS for 4 months and was miserable so DH let me pull him out. Then we got orders overseas and he said we could HS while we were here and then put the kids in PS when we return stateside. We've been here 17 months and he's now talking about HSing our future children.

Point of that is, once he sees how well you're doing HSing and how happy your DD is, he'll change his mind! _

July 15th, 2011, 07:18 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome! My DH was also very against it and we had a similar conversation but he says we'll decide whether to keep hs'ing or send to ps after we see how the first year went. I'm hoping everything goes really well so he'll see it's the best thing for us.
July 16th, 2011, 02:23 PM
hoping4more
thats so awesome. it seems this is normal LOL I had always wanted to hs I talked to hubby about when DS1 was still a baby, there was no way at all it was happening in his mind. I prayed and prayed about it, finally when the time was coming for pre-s I asked hubby again about it, expectign him to be as negative as before, but to my surprise he was like ok we can use this as a trial thing. God certainly answers prayers, cause we cant afford PS even though there is an excellent one offered by our church. Anyway hubby is ok now to hs straight through to graduation. He doesnt really listen to what people say to him anymore, he is proud of me and all the hard work i put in to raising our children. So glad to hear that you will be hs-ing also. Its such an awesome experience!
July 16th, 2011, 08:40 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
That is awesome!! A step in the right direction!
July 19th, 2011, 09:38 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is great that he has decided to be willing to give it a chance. That gives you about 5 years, by then I bet he will be on board with continuing since he will see all the benefits!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search