It is getting to be that time of year......

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 14th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That a lot of us have "box days" coming. So....

What have you gotten recently?

What have you ordered and are waiting on?

What do you have left to order?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

What have you gotten recently? so far I have gotten Horizons math 2 full set, Horizons math 1 workbooks (already have the TM), Horizons penmanship 1&2, and Horizons preschool set.

What have you ordered and are waiting on?
I am waiting on Abeka History 1&2, science 1&2, and health 1&2.

What do you have left to order? I am getting the rest at the Mardel Sale next week. I will still order it but it shouldn't take long to get. BJU bible truths 1&2, Spelling 1&2, and English 2.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

July 14th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
We go year round and order things as we need them/the kids are ready to move up a level. Fritz has 20 lessons left of kindergarten so I'll be ordering Calvert First Grade for him in about a month. I'll be ordering Calvert Pre-K at the same time for Adrian.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

July 14th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Veteran
My most recent arrivals have been Heart of Dakota's Little Hearts for His Glory and a few things that go with it - A Reason for Handwriting, Thinking Skills Grade 1. I already had most of what I needed for this year. Spelling Workout A was the last item to come in just this week. I'm not waiting on anything pertaining to the first semester of school this year - we started Monday.
July 14th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I am biting my fist and trying to resist buying things LOL I went through my stock of items in the garage and organized everything into tubs by grade level. I have a huge box of pre-k/k stuff (I used to teach it so I have it covered) and most of what I need for 1st (need math only) and 2nd (and yes I have things all the way up to 5th grade, but after 2nd each box gets progressively emptier LOL). I really want to get a series of books that have unit studies for countries from around the world - I think this would be a really fun way to learn geography as well as about other cultures. But since I probably wouldn't use it till 2nd or 3rd grade, I am trying to not get it.

July 14th, 2011, 06:49 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
What have you gotten recently? I received my Abeka History last week for both kids

What have you ordered and are waiting on? nothing yet

What do you have left to order? I have to order my CLP reading, spelling; BJ English; Abeka Science for 6th grade; Horizons 6 boxed set and Horizons 4 book one..

Amber: we use alot of the same curriculums. I tried Abeka LA last year and hated it, so back to BJ English this year. I use Abeka History, Science, Health, and Art I also use Horizons

July 14th, 2011, 08:10 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I get things as-needed, too. My most recent purchase was a kid version of Greek mythology yesterday (that we won't use until summer 2013). The only thing I've ordered that still hasn't come in is Sequential Spelling, but I don't really care about that one anyway. It's just something I want to try using a different way than last year. He's already a great speller.
July 16th, 2011, 08:36 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
I get things as needed as well since we go year round. BUT, I have ordered a few things.

Just received: Sign Language, Reading Comprehension, Word Roots, Photography. Oh and I got lots of goodies from a yard sale of a teacher who was retiring. I have NO clue how this woman put ALL that stuff that she had into her house. It was unbelievable how much stuff that she had. Filled her entire garage and then she had stuff outside. She started the sale at 8, but since I was at the Dr I didn't get there until 1!

Waiting on: Abeka science charts and Prairie Primer

Want to get: A couple of literature study guides
July 17th, 2011, 07:15 AM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_mommy View Post
... Oh and I got lots of goodies from a yard sale of a teacher who was retiring. I have NO clue how this woman put ALL that stuff that she had into her house. It was unbelievable how much stuff that she had. Filled her entire garage and then she had stuff outside. She started the sale at 8, but since I was at the Dr I didn't get there until 1! ...

I understand completely - my garage is FULL right now. I have all of the things I have set aside for the girls in tubs along the back wall and I have a tower of tubs in the center of the garage with stuff I brought home from my classroom (that will go back with me in the fall - unfortunately things "walk" in the summer so I bring everything I have bought personally home each year). I just asked DH if we could get one of those prefab shed buildings that I could use for holding all the school stuff. I would love to fill it with shelves and put everything out in a nice organized way!

July 17th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I received the rest of the abeka history grade 3 this week.I received the tests/quizzes book about 2 weeks ago. I ordered Apologia-Astronomy quite a few months ago. Still waiting on the Abeka grade one math which I should be getting Tuesday to see if it will fit my son or daughter.If it doesnt work for my son I'll need to order Abeka grade 2 math for him. Everything else we print offline.
July 18th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
What have you gotten recently? Part of our CD set, for the kids' Spanish lessons(being made by someone who speaks Spanish). That's about it.

What have you ordered and are waiting on? All of their supplies will be here sometime in August. Not sure exactly when but it ought to be a fun box day. I'll have to take pictures this year. Last year we built a fort that covered the entire living room with them before opening them all. (I was bored, lol) Poor UPS guys had to bring an extra person on the truck.

What do you have left to order? I don't really need to order anything. If I come across something we need or they'd like, I'll get it. I do need to get their basic stuff. Things like paper, new crayons, a few more binders, notebooks, etc.. etc..
July 18th, 2011, 04:41 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I was like "what? who's frackle?!" Then I saw the siggy.
July 18th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BensMom View Post
I was like "what? who's frackle?!" Then I saw the siggy.
bwaaahaaaa

I'm evil
July 18th, 2011, 03:46 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We recently got our Horizon Pre-k teachers guide 1 and workbook 1, but I don't know if I can even use it now. I have to use creative curriculum with the preschool kids at my home daycare and I don't know if the two will be able to blend.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

July 18th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have gotten all my Abeka materials now I just need to get my BJU from the big sale on Thursday.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

July 19th, 2011, 09:53 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am with Jill and holding myself back since Thea is still young and I have alot of books already. Plus there are so many free sources online, especially for the litle ones. My mom used to work in the school system and has boatload of supplies and preschool curriculm books. She has given me alot and has even bought me a couple of more since she found out I am going to homeschool. She also has a lot of story books that will be great for early reading.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search