Boarders

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I am so sad that boarders is closing I loved that store. But ... I was glad to pick up some school things at a lower cost. I got several Kumon books for filling in skills (K and 1st), a book with letter activities, a giant book about maps (for 2-4th grades - I plan on using it in my classroom this year and holding onto it for the girls too), and a first grade science book too. Anyone else pick up anything at a boarders going out of business sale?

July 26th, 2011, 09:36 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
They're already gone here. They've been gone for several months.
July 27th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
They've been gone for well over a year here, probably going on two years now.

I'm surprised they didn't all go out of business sooner to be honest. Never really was a store I liked though.
July 27th, 2011, 05:48 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sad too But like you, I've picked up so much stuff at their store closing sales! Several Kumon workbooks, a couple of BrainQuest workbooks, a few leveled readers, and some random kindergarten materials. I love bookstores, and I'm sorry to see our last one go.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

July 28th, 2011, 05:41 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
We don't have a Borders here, but have a Waldenbooks which is owned by them and their prices just aren't worth anything. I can go elsewhere and get whatever cheaper. Whit and I went Tuesday to check it out and see what we could come up with and the most they had off was 30% and that was just magazines. I will wait a bit longer until the sale gets better before I buy anything from them. I never purchased too much from them because of their prices.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search