Free Stuff!

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 2nd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
A friend of mine has homeschooled her kids since her youngest was in 3rd grade. That young one is now 16 and just about done school (and the rest have all graduated). So she decided to clean out the homeschool stuff and let me pick what ever I wanted for free . I am soooo excited! I got a bunch of social studies and science materials (all for third to 7th grade) and some reading and language things too. All of the material is for older kids, so it will sit on a shelf for awhile, but I am sooo set for when these girls get there!

August 2nd, 2011, 02:16 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Are you kidding me?! What did you get?! How cool!
August 2nd, 2011, 05:14 PM
christianmommato3's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to christianmommato3 Send a message via Yahoo to christianmommato3
Awesome!!

August 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
How totally awesome!!! Yeah, so tell us what you got!
August 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I got:
Science: a complete set for about 5th grade (no levels were written on it) that included texts, workbooks, and manuals; an almost complete set from scott forestman for about 4th grade (again no levels on it) that was missing the text books, but the TM is basically the text with some notes so it's still usable (and my friend thinks she may have the texts somewhere too). I also got several supplemental books mostly about the solar system and astronomy.

Social Studies: three text books: 1 very simple one for about 1st grade about communities, one for about 3rd grade that focused mostly on geography, and one that had way more than you'd ever need to know about american history and is written for at least middle school LOL. I also got several supplimental books that focus mostly on maps and geography.

Comprehensive materials: Several Summer Bridge books (2nd-3rd, 4th-5th, and 5th-6th); several What your ___ Grader Should Know books (2nd, 3rd, 5th); Elementary School Learning System software for K-5th grade (I got to play with this and while some of the lessons are kind of boring, several are very interesting)

Language: Several supplemental books for reading comprehension and 1 for book studies; 1 book with writing prompts (that I plan to use in my PS classroom this year LOL) ... I didn't take much in this category because I have so much already from being a teacher. I have taught special ed for years and have collected tons of language, math, and writing materials as that is what I was responsible for teaching. I don't have much in the Science and Social studies areas though since I have only taught them the last two years (I was moved from resource room to self contained).

Other: I picked up a book called Homeschool Your Child for Free - it is a really thick book full of free websites for just about everything I have already bookmarked several sites I found with it! I also got Charlotte's Web for our family library

And I may be getting more ... My friend has 8 more boxes in her attic to go through!

August 4th, 2011, 10:33 PM
meamommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow that's so wonderful!
Ethan 5/23/07 5 lbs 8 oz 17 inches
Amelia Jane 10/25/10 5 lbs 14 oz 18 inches

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search