Getting back into hsing? suffering from burnout

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2006, 07:41 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Sorry I haven't been over here lately. I have just been so overwhelmed lately. I have been doing a lot of hair pulling and shouting lately (not at anyone just those kind of ahhh..... tension releasers...)

I am just really frustrated trying to do it all. Justmommies has slowly grown into a full time job and not something I want to quit or get rid of. Just trying to figure out how to do it all. I haven't done school in a few weeks, but it is hard to do it during the summer. My kids are not cooperative during summer. Dh is aggrivated though with me taking time off because I was supposed to make up the time I took off when Leo was born during the summer. Any ideas to help me get back on track?

Teresa

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
July 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I'm so sorry and I don't have an advice! But I do sort of know how you're feeling!

We were supposed to do some school in July, and we HAVE done a bit of writing (birthday thank you notes!), but not anything else. DH asked me the other day, "Weren't you going to do school in July?" and my stomach sank and I thought to myself, "I DON'T WAANNNNNAAAA!" because June just wasn't long enough! *sigh* Plus, I've got a lot of editing to do and I'm SO tired of that and I want my free time to be just that...FREE TIME!

Sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into my own personal whine-fest...but I know how you're feeling! Tell me if you get any ideas!
BTW, I love the pics that you've had of Leo in your siggie - he's go such a cute little smile! (Not that the pics of your daughter in the mud aren't cute!)

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 10th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh my...I just don't know. The guilt free time off in the summer is so important to me. Really, my suggestion to you is to take some time off...guilt free time off. When you took off when Leo was born, you had it in the back of your mind that you were getting behind and would have to catch up. Now, you are struggling to do that. Then, the fall will come and it will be back to the same routine. My suggestion is to take some guilt free time from it. I was really beginning to feel burned out before our break. Even though I am spending time finding books and doing lesson plans and all, it is different. The kids are getting a mucn needed break and so am I. When the fall comes, we will be ready. Take some time...really...guilt free time.
"hugs"

Hi Lisa...I am highjacking your note to Theresa.
I was just wondering why you are taking the whole summer off. Are you trying to make up time too?
Girl...just take it off. Really. One more month or so is not going to hurt anyone. Just kick back and enjoy life. I create a lot of guilt in myself during school when things don't get done and stuff. This time off has been so GREAT for me. The kids think that it is about them having time off, but it is me who needed to regroup. GUILTFREE time off....take it and enjoy it .
July 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You have a lot on your plate. Take it a bit easier on yourself. Find them some living books (or books on tape) and let them read.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 10th, 2006, 03:05 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
I decided not to take the entire summer off because of needing to "make up" just a little bit of time - 15 or so days. Plus, a whole month sounded like it would be SOOOO long...and then it flew by! So, I looked at our calendar at some things we've done that I could "count" as school - our trip to the Air and Space Museum here in town, our trip to the Memphis Zoo, etc. - and now I'm not feeling like I need to add as many days. Plus, since she's just starting out in this whole school thing (going into 1st grade) I'm worried she'll forget all the math I taught her!
I'm not TOO stressed about it, really. It's the OTHER things in life that are stressing me out! (Poor me)
Oh well, it'll be alright!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search