Homeschooling with Closely Spaced Children?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2012, 07:08 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Have you any of you done it? What's your experience with it?

I was totally sold on homeschooling, then I started doubting myself. I have a 4yo who is scheduled to start kindergarten in September and I'm not sure I want her in the public school system, but I also have a 3yo, an 8 month old, and I'm due with our last baby in September. I worry that I wouldn't be able to provide a good education because she wouldn't have my undivided attention. And I worry what will happen when they're all school aged and I'm trying to teach that many different elementary school "grades". Any feedback is appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; March 13th, 2012 at 07:21 AM.
March 13th, 2012, 07:51 AM
luv2bemommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This is my first year homeschooling. My oldest turned 6 in January, my 2nd will be 4 tomorrow and my youngest is 11 months. I have actually been doing preschool with my almost 4 year old while I'm doing schoolwork with my oldest so that she doesn't feel left out. I babywear so my DS is on me and doesn't complain much. School for kindergarten only takes me 30-45 minutes each day so it really isn't hard to carve out the time for it. Sometimes I use nap times for the other kids as her school time if we have a "project" to work on. It has been working really well for us.
March 14th, 2012, 09:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm thinking that most things my 4yo will do (she'll be 5 then), my 3yo can participate in too. And I babywear as well, but I'm only comfortable wearing one baby at a time, even so, I think I can make it work. I guess I'm more worried about 5 years from now, when they're all school aged and I'm trying to teach so many different levels at once.
March 15th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Next year I will have a 3rd grader, a 1st grader(advanced), and a pre-ker. I find it an advantage (at least in the younger years to have them close in age. You can combine them for all subjects outside of LA and Math. All of mine next year are doing the same bible, history, and science. My LO's are 8yrs, 5.5yrs, 4yrs(on the 21st of this month), 2yrs, and 5.5months.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search