Soooo, what are we having for dinner tonight?

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2006, 03:05 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
WE are having spaghetti casserole! And salad, to make us feel HEALTHY!
We were going to have this last night, but I went to the store and got ALLLLL the ingredients....except spaghetti. And spaghetti casserole without the spaghetti is just a big pan full of meat sauce and cheese!

So, what about y'all? What's on your plates tonight?

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 13th, 2006, 04:28 PM
LuckyGirlx4's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've never heard of speghetti casserole! Sound interesting!
We had chicken & veggie stir fry (carrots, zuccini, mushrooms & broccoli- I need a wok, all of those ingredients don't fi into a pan well, lol) over rice.

</div>
July 14th, 2006, 01:06 AM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yer thats right, trust Lisa to tell us of some interesting dish but not to post the recipe!

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 14th, 2006, 04:41 AM
Quote:
Yer thats right, trust Lisa to tell us of some interesting dish but not to post the recipe! [/b]
Sorry!

Ingredients:
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can cream of mushroom soup 8 oz. spaghetti, cooked
1 pound ground beef
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or more, if you like)

Brown the beef.
In a bowl, mix the spaghetti, the sauce, the beef, the soup, and about half of the cheese. (I will sometimes add a can of diced tomatoes)
Put in 9x13 casserole dish and top with remaining cheese and a little parmesean cheese.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

My favorite thing about it is that it's super easy and it can feed us for at least two dinners. However, it seems that I was talking to someone whose daughter had just moved to Australia and she said that they didn't have canned cream of mushroom soup there...is that true? If so, it might be a little difficult for you, Jo! OH, here's an idea - I'll ship you a case of cream of mushroom soup in exchange for a case of Violet Crumble. (and maybe a few Flake bars as well) How does that sound?

July 14th, 2006, 02:43 PM
LOl well I don't know where they are shopping because theres plenty of cream of mushrrom soup over here. Tell her Cambels make it. Now I'm not to sure about the spagettie sauce Do you mean bolanaise sauce thats based on tomatoes? Also whats with the pound already?! sheesh ever heard of converting for people! Lucky for you I know ground beef is mince!

Better come up with something other then creamed soup as intisement. I want to buy a Fur Real Friends scamp dog for my dd birthday and it looks like I will have to buy it from the States. lol I'll swap you a box of Violet Crumble, Flake and whatever other bars you want!

July 14th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Quote:
LOl well I don't know where they are shopping because theres plenty of cream of mushrrom soup over here. Tell her Cambels make it. Now I'm not to sure about the spagettie sauce Do you mean bolanaise sauce thats based on tomatoes? Also whats with the pound already?! sheesh ever heard of converting for people! Lucky for you I know ground beef is mince!

Better come up with something other then creamed soup as intisement. I want to buy a Fur Real Friends scamp dog for my dd birthday and it looks like I will have to buy it from the States. lol I'll swap you a box of Violet Crumble, Flake and whatever other bars you want![/b]
OK, Jo, here's a recipe converted especially for you - I even tried to add an Aussie accent!

Ingraedients:
1 jar tomato baesed bolanaise
1 can Campbells craem of mushroom soup
8 grams spaghetti, cooked
1 kilo meense
2 cubits shredded cheddah chaise

Brahn the meense.
In a bowl, mix the spaghetti, the bolaniase, the beef, the soup, and about heff of the chaise. (Oi will sometimes add a can of doiced tomaitus)
Put in 9 meter x 13 meter casserole deesh and top with remaining chaise and a little pahmesean chaise.
Bake at 2 degraise for 20 meenuts.

Did that help?
What in the heck is "bolanaise" anyway? Does Ragu make it?
Y'all are weird down undah!
Wow, you can't get Fur Real friends there? Or is it just that particular one? Wow, with shipping and everything that seems like it could cost you a bundle!

July 14th, 2006, 06:22 PM
2 cubits!, 9 meter x 13 meter casserole deesh! ROTFLMAO Your killing me!

Yes we do get Fur real friends but only the chimp and the cat I want the dog!! I went online and saw it on the Hasbro? site last night. That dog is soo cool, and dd has wanted a real dog for ages but I don't want a real one as I don't like how dogs do there 'doo' all over the yard ( looks over at neibours dogs who have done that IN OUR YARD! grrr) and it wouldn't go down too well with our cats. Maybe if we didn't have 2 cats I might just get the toy cat but we have the real things that do that cat stuff already
Yes it is pricey, I'm despretly hoping not over $100 all up. I was going to buy this 'pop up' that has a shop one side and a post office on the other, but if I get the toy dog that will have to do.

July 14th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jeff brought Chinese home tonight. He was going to come get us and take us out, but when he started on his way home, the kids were all in the pool. Instead of pulling them out to get them ready, he suggested that he bring something home...woo hoo. He brought home dinner and movies. We watched Madea's Family Reunion...Jeff and I did. I was amazed that the movie was about so much more than laughs. It was a excellent movie...made you laugh one minute and choke up the next. I didn't realize that so many significant figures were in it. I love Mia Angelo. I really was a beautiful movie with a beautiful message...I was surprised.
July 15th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Quote:
We watched Madea's Family Reunion...Jeff and I did. I was amazed that the movie was about so much more than laughs. It was a excellent movie...made you laugh one minute and choke up the next. I didn't realize that so many significant figures were in it. I love Mia Angelo. I really was a beautiful movie with a beautiful message...I was surprised.[/b]
Hmmmm, I may have to check that one out. I somehow thought it was along the lines of "Big Momma's House" (which I haven't seen, and which doesn't appeal to me....plus, I HATE Martin Lawrence....).

July 15th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This isn't Martin Lawrence...I don't like the Big Mama stuff AT ALL!!! Madea is Tyler Perry...totally different thing. His movies stemmed from years of doing the Madea plays. It's so funny, but has a storyline too. I liked it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search