Good morning friends

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 15th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Shery's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hello!
It looks like a beautiful Saturday morning outside, but I know that it will be too hot to step out there by 11:00. I am going to add water to the pool today to try and cool it off. It is starting to feel like bath water.
Jeff had to work for 1/2 a day. I'm not sure what his plans are when he gets off.
I am still working on lesson plans. I have gotten a lot done, but have a long way to go before I am finished. I need to be more consistent with working on them.
What is everyone up to this weekend?
July 15th, 2006, 08:22 AM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Well, right now Reilly is playing at the neighbors house and Deco's just sort of running around, amusing himself. Ched is having coffee with a friend from church, which he does every Saturday morning. Once he gets home, he and Reilly are going on a "date" - horseback riding, provided she's old enough and it's not too expensive - and Deco and I are going on a "date". (He wants to go to Bass Pro Shops, and while that's not what I would choose, I'll do it if that's what HE wants.)
Later on this evening, Ched and I are going to go see Glenn Beck, who is in town on his "Mid-Life Crisis Tour". My dad is going to come over for dinner and then stay with The Kids. I'm really excited about going to see the show!
Tomorrow we go and pick up my mom from the airport. She's been in Israel for the past two weeks and I'm glad she's coming home! It's funny, I tend to not watch the news very much, mainly out of busy-ness, and so I had NO idea, until this past Thursday, that all of that stuff was going on over there. I think that it's just the Lord watching over my mental well-being because I would have been worried out of my mind if I had known!
So that's my wild and wooly weekend!

P.S. We have a little pool (it's about 6 feet by 3 feet or so) and the water is HOT when we get into it! YUK!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 15th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Yes, I guess you are relieved that she is home. Surely, she is too!!!
I know what you mean about the pool. I hope adding water will help ours to be a little cooler.
Your day sounds like fun. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
July 15th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Jenneve's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, today is my hubby's b-day so me and the kids went to WalMart and I let them pick out a few small things for him from them. (I got his gift from me last week.) When we got home, I made his "cake". He always requests a lemon icebox pie instead of a regular cake. Now I'm getting ready to go make some hamburgers (his requested b-day dinner). Then I'm going to wake him up (he's working nights this weekend) and we'll eat, have some "cake" and let him open his gifts. Then it's off to work for him. As for the rest of the night, who knows. Me and the kids might have a movie night. And I have no idea about tomorrow.
Jared 8/25/01
Justin 10/18/02

My blogs...
Fishers of Men *UPDATED 8/7/09*
Truely Scrumptious Cakes *UPDATED 7/28/09*

July 15th, 2006, 12:56 PM
MissyPrincessEha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Eli decided to do some schoolwork today. So he is finishing up that. He wants to be DONE with 1st grade! He is all about being older or further along.

I will exercise and clean some. Then I want to go and drop off some pictures to someone later on.

July 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM
joandsarah77's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's a cool cloudy greay Sunday morning here. We'l be going to church, then if it rains again like it did on Saturday spend a lot of time watching DVD's.

"Cats are keen, cats are great, cats are clean they lick your plate."
July 15th, 2006, 03:24 PM
KarateMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KarateMom
Quote:
It's a cool cloudy greay Sunday morning here. We'l be going to church, then if it rains again like it did on Saturday spend a lot of time watching DVD's.[/b]
OOOOO, cool, cloudy and grey sounds so great, compared to our humid, sunny, and hotter than the hinges of hades!!

You're never fully dressed without a SMILE!!

July 15th, 2006, 08:08 PM
You are a good wife for making his birthday so special .
We hung around here today. When Jeff got home, he grilled some burgers for us. Afterwards, the kids got into the pool and stayed for a few hours. We finally had to call them in to eat. It is too hot out there to do anything else but swim.
Tomorrow morning we have church. We don't have evening church in July, so we will rest tomorrow afternoon. Well, Madison and I are going to a baby shower for a couple of hours.
Thanks for the note.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search