Whacky Weather What to Do...s

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Ok, so when they weather is all funky, and going outside isn't really an option, what are some of your favorite things to do?

Yesterday and today has been storming like mad, I think it's supposed to be worse today actually. Other than grocery shopping though, we have no plans for the day. Even aside from the rain though, the temps have calmed down, and come down some as well. Not nearly as high as the 90's they were the other day, haha.

We've got loads of things to do here, well loads of things we like to do. But we're always looking for new things to do too. We're big into crafts, games, watching movies(especially old cartoons and shows from when I was a kid, the kids are on a smurfs, snorks and gummi bears kick lately, lol) all kinds of things really. Yesterday we did a lot of crafts, watched a few shows, did a bit of cleaning, played a couple card games and planted some seeds for a service project.

Not sure what we're going to do today to be honest. We DO have some cleaning to do, but it's soooo boring. I know, I sound childish, lol. But I'm really not in the mood to clean today. Part of it's because I was watching my sister's kids for her on Sat and Sun and I caught lil Bella's (can't believe she's 3 months old now) cold, and part of it's because I'm just being lazy. It juse doesn't sound even remotely fun, despite the fact that we can make ANYTHING fun.

So what are some of your favorite things to do, on a rainy day?

Oh and forgot to mention, we're done with school. Other than the subjects the kids are working on, on their own, we've nothing really to do on that front until their new stuff comes in or I decide to find other stuff. Which I don't intend to do, at least not today
May 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
I like to be lazy on days like that, too. We usually eat weird stuff like popcorn and ice cream for lunch while watching a movie. We'll do board games, or... whatever. Nothing really.
May 8th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
On days we are stuck inside we like to have a living room picnic, build forts, draw pictures, just basically anything to keep little hands busy.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

May 8th, 2012, 08:05 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Open up the craft cabinet and give them free run at it. Movie timewith a "picinic" lunch on the floor. Board games, cards, read a book or wtite a story.
May 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We do the indoor picnic too, board games, crafts, colouring, and a lot of baking
May 8th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
It ended up not raining nearly as much as they said it would. It only rained this morning for a little while.
But we went grocery shopping, came home and made lunch, then took a nap, lol.
The kids went outside while I got a few things done and came back in at dinner. Then we watched a movie. Now everyone is fast asleep in bed(actually, they have been for over an hour, lol).
It really was a truly lazy day, lol.
May 8th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I LOVE lazy days! My girls are actually really good at finding things to keep themselves busy. They love to build with blocks and legos, play house with their dolls, or act out their favorite stories. They love movies and we will splurge on those a bit more on rainy days We do crafts and such too. Next time maybe the kids could make some home made weather tools (a barometer, etc...) It could be a fun way to spend a stormy day

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search