Missed 4 days of school this week...

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2012, 09:27 PM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Monday was a normal day. Tuesday, I had meetings and such going on for work, so I assigned Ben some independent work. During one of my meetings, he came out of the school room bawling his eyes out. I figured he had an eyelash in his eye or something, but I couldn't tell. I had two bank managers in my living room going over stuff to help expand my business, so I told Ben to get an ice pack or something, and that he'd be fine. He did that off and on for the rest of the day... fine and then total meltdown, fine and then total meltdown. What the heck? Only toward the end of the day did he bother to tell me he actually couldn't see! I was shocked! Why didn't he tell me?! He said he was scared I'd take him to the doctor and that she'd put those dilating eye drops in his eyes.

Turns out, he was reading a book a little too close to his face, turned a page, and papercut his cornea! Thankfully it seems to be completely healing with no scar. He had to do antibiotic eyedrops until tonight, and had to lay off the reading and screen time. He's never been so sick of legos in his life. That papercut cost us $70, too! Sheesh, kid!

He should be back to normal by tomorrow or Saturday, but we'd already planned on going bowling with friends tomorrow. I figure we've already missed 3 days in a row... why do anything on Friday, right?
May 11th, 2012, 03:25 AM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Sounds like my story from the last couple of months!!! I am not sure how we are going to do this make up stuff in enough time though. According to my original plan we should have been done ir just finishing up. Then after missing stuff with DH I had to figured that next week was it. Now we are 20 days behind!!
I am glad he is ok!! It drives me nuts when they wont say anything about something they should have!
May 11th, 2012, 04:59 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Oh my gosh, I've never even heard of that! I'm glad he's okay and there isn't any real damage!
May 11th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
poor guy, I am glad it is healing quickly.
A-6yrs 3/08
J-4.5yrs 11/09
K 2.5yrs 9/11
And
L-7/12/14!!!!

May 11th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Frackel's Avatar DOh!
Poor lil guy, I'm glad it's healing well though.
I've done that before myself-scratched my cornea that is. It can really hurt, not to mention feel extremely annoying, like something is in there because you can feel it but there's nothing really there.Thankfully(if you want to say that, lol) it was in the eye that doesn't function so it didn't screw up my vision. I can imagine how it would though.
I also don't blame you for taking off another day. It's probably best he takes at least another day to finish healing up anyway, certainly can't hurt.
May 12th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
I am so glad he is healing well! So scary when it involves the eyes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search