just made the decision

Forum: Homeschooling

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Homeschooling LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2012, 06:32 AM
Doralovinmomma's Avatar and hell is just a sauna
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
Hi I'm Felicia. I'm 26. I'm married to Mitch and have Bradleigh( 6 1/2) and Desiree (3 1/2). We have been going back and forth on the homeschooling thing with my son for months. As of last night we finally decided to go for it. I'm so excited and scared at the same time. But I just feel that it's the best thing for him and when Desiree is older and in regular school( headstart center right now) we may decide its best for her also but right now she is just fine where she is. we are mainly doing it because of his autism(the school surroundings is just too much for him) and we think him being gone from home from 7:30 am- 5 pm every single day is jsut too much. It really does make it much worse for him and he acts out more and has more meltdowns. I brought the idea to him today and he is very excited about it also. I know my family will support me since they have told me as much, but my in laws will be another story as they think I'm stupid and lazy and can't do a single thing right *rolls eyes* but my husband is behind me and my family and friends also so woohoo

Thank you Niamh for my awesome blinkies!! And Vicki... for my fantastic siggy

May 23rd, 2012, 06:35 AM
BensMom's Avatar Ephesians 4:29
Ignore them! Family and friends will come around when they see results and figure out that their opinions aren't going to sway you. My 6 year old is an aspie, and there's no way he could survive a school environment for an hour, let alone day after day after very long day!
May 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Doralovinmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Doralovinmomma
Well he is better than he was since we got a 504 in place so they made accommodations but he is also on 4 meds which they never said he HAD to take but they alluded that if he didn't they would have suspended him by now. So yeah once we do this the biggest perk is getting him off these meds. I hate it. No 6 year old should have to take 2 pills for aggression then a mood stabilizer because said pills make him depressed. it's ridiculous. I will probably keep him on the melatonin at night because it helps him stay asleep and is more natural but yeah the other 3 are adios

May 24th, 2012, 05:20 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Welcome! Friends and family will talk and complain at first (at least, I know mine are!) but most will come around after a while
May 24th, 2012, 01:08 PM
in_mommy's Avatar I am just me
Welcome!! Mine still complains all the time about us doing it. I just ignore ut. My mind is not changing. They can either support you or move on. That is a LONG day for a kid, especially one that young.
May 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Jill0924's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Jill0924
Welcome! Homeschooling is an exciting adventure!

May 24th, 2012, 07:29 PM
thanks ladies. we just finished diagnostic testing to see where he was and it looks like he is halfway to 3rd for some and in 3rd for some which surprises me as he would be going into 2nd at his school. I knew he was intelligent( he had iq testing previously and even barely cooperating they said he was extremely smart) so maybe we could get him higher faster and he can finish sooner. not really sure how that works but i have awhile.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search